Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+14
ocean
TattooedHeart
DAP
jackgrande
Breakdown
Venti
medoner
dweebz
Truffle
Jonnyy
ACT2
hammer
beysus
18 posters
Go down
beysus
beysus

CAL: Season 1 Empty CAL: Season 1

Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:22 pm

CAL: Season 1 Calbanner2
The Hosts
@beysus - Flux Charts, Metacritic, Sign Ups
@Jonnyy - Bookings, Singles Charts
@Lady Bird - Albums Charts, Licensing
@Venti - iTunes Charts

Labels

Universal Music Group
Virgin Records | Keke Palmer, City Girls, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, Mabel, Boys World, Sabrina (Sabrina Carpenter),  Anitta, Red Velvet, Brent Faiyaz, Jonny Braun (Lil Nas X) | @Jonnyy
Columbia Records | Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion, Bruno Mars, J Balvin | @beysus
Desperado Records | Little Mix, Carly Rae Jepsen, Yungblud, Hayley Williams, Ashton Irwin, Wolf Alice, Machine Gun Kelly, Luke Hemmings | @despy
Atlantic Records | Nathy Peluso, Mon Laferte, Slayyyter, Omar Apollo | @periodsis
Cleopatra Records | Frank Ocean, Rauw Alejandro, Japanese Breakfast | @diegos
Capitol Records | Katy Perry, Adele, Camila Cabello, Zara Larsson, Bad Bunny, Saweetie, Shakira | @medoner
Republic Records | Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, SZA | @jackgrande
dweebløz Records | MØ | @dweebz

Sony Music Entertainment
boygenius Records | Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Zendaya, Cardi B, Phoebe Bridgers, Tinashe, Kacey Musgraves, Charli XCX, Jhené Aiko, Conan Gray | @Lady Bird
Lighthouse Recordings | Reece King, Sam Hunt, 21 Savage, Selena Gomez, Beyoncé | @Venti
Mercury Records | Kelsea Ballerini, The Aces, Aly & AJ, Maddie & Tae, LANY, Jack Harlow, Runaway June, Midland, The Brummies | @breakdown
Very Cherry Records | Lady Gaga, CL, Ava Max, BLACKPINK, Lana Del Rey, Bella Poarch, TWICE, Grimes, Taeyeon, Madison Beer | @ACT2
Geffen Records | Maggie Rogers, Harry Styles, H.E.R., Olivia Rodrigo, Sydney Sweeney | @ocean
Protomartyr Records | Lorde, HAIM, Rina Sawayama, MUNA, Lizzo | @5arteet
Rhythm Records | Ellie Goulding, Normani | @Black Beauty
Interscope Records | Travis Scott, The Weeknd, Young Thug, Kanye West | @DAP
Miyazaki Records | SUNMI, Tyler, The Creator | @toji

Discord Server

Last edited by beysus on Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:23 pm; edited 106 times in total
beysus
beysus

CAL: Season 1 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:00 pm
This thread is for articles written out of free-will and the required ones (magazine covers & bundle images).

Announcements and social media posts are also meant to be posted within this thread.
despy
despy

Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm
Desperado Records announce their first artists!

CAL: Season 1 Em0fenoXcAcAsJH?format=jpg&name=small
CAL: Season 1 Em0fensXUAAZt2b?format=jpg&name=small

The label posted the pictures above on their social media accounts, informing their audience about the artists they just signed.
Little Mix & Yungblud are reportedly dropping their music soon. Stay tuned for more updates.

beysus and jackgrande like this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am
Relaunched Virgin Records signs Keke Palmer as face of label

CAL: Season 1 608-6083983_virgin-logo-png-transparent-virgin-records

Jonny Braun wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 14, 2020

NEW ORLEANS, LA --- This year was a rolling coaster for both Virgin Records and the world in general. With COVID-19 shutting down the entire music industry early this fall, our offices had to shut the lights off completely, firing all staff and depleting any left income. Even more devastating news is when our top selling artist earlier this year, Hailee Steinfeld, pulled an Aaliyah and passed away in a accidental plane crash. Flying to the Bahamas after knowing of the music industry's sudden shut down, little did Steinfeld know that coming back would be her eventual downfall. Hailee's ashes will be stored in our "Virgin Records Hall of Fame" being constructed next year.

Now for the replacement aka the future? We just signed a massive ex-act in her own right. This woman has been staring in television shows and networks, such as Nick and Disney, and movies ever since the age of 9, and started recording music at the age of 12. Some of her most notable acting roles include the projects: Scream Queens, Akeelah and the Bee, Jump In!, Joyful Noise, Rags, True Jackson VP, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, and Hustlers. Yes that's right, the lovely Keke Palmer.

"Jonny called me and was like "I want you, I want to turn you into a massive R&B star., you just have that look and sound." I was just so excited to get the call, since the world has been on stop since COVID and I never really fully devoted myself to music before. The next morning I flew over into New Orleans, where Jonny's Virgin main office is and signed the contract. He had a new Tesla waiting for me as a signing bonus, it was so cool!"

Keke has done musical projects before such as movie soundtracks and independent stand-alones for herself, but Virgin will be releasing her official debut album sometime in 2021. "I'm so excited for the future, I'm already about to head to the studio tonight. You know, I've always been focused on my filmography, and I think I've made a name for myself in that market for sure. Now I feel its time to make that same impact in the music industry," said Palmer.

Follow Keke on any social media platform with the handle @KekePalmer for more future musical updates.

Keke Palmer (born Lauren Keyana Palmer on August 26, 1993) is a former American actress and current recording artist. She is perhaps best known for playing the title role in the 2006 film, Akeelah and the Bee. Palmer has signed a record deal with Virgin Records and her debut album is set to be released sometime in 2021 according to record executives.

Last edited by Jonnyy on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

beysus and despy like this post

hammer
hammer

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:53 pm
SX Entertainment to launch new Girl Group in February.  

A new girl group by the name of STAYE is coming together from the Entertainment Company, SX. 

They have revealed that they are gradually adding members to the lineup and determine the final lineup debut single will be released in March, 2021

But first, they want to test the audience hype and excitement with a Sub-unit that is still yet to be named

The current lineup of the sub-unit consists of 

Name - Age - Role(s)
Eyedi (24) Leader, Sub Vocalist, Rapper, Visual
 Jamie (23) Main Vocalist, Dancer

Promotional Images posted on their social accounts.

CAL: Season 1 2-EyediCAL: Season 1 3-Jamie

SX Entertainment:copyright:

hammer
hammer

Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 pm
SX Entertainment releases more info about Sub-unit and STAYE and members in a newsletter published on their site.

SX Entertainment wrote:
Dear Readers, thank you for reading our first newsletter. Here at SX Entertainment, we strive to be 100% transparent with our supporters. I want to inform you all that we are on a great road to our first Girl Group, "STAYE". But first, we want to test your hype and excitement towards our trainees. Please know that the lineup that we announced will not change no matter what, this is for performance measures only! Of course us and our artist want to give you ultimate experience, and with your feedback we can successfully achieve that. 

In another note, Eyedi and Jamie have been working hard to deliver you a excellent product! We have announced the current lineup for the subunit and we are more than excited for the full girl group debut in March, please hang on with us and support the Sub-unit. We have yet to name the sub-unit because we are giving the artists some creative input in this as well as it will be their combined project as a duo. However, the first single has already been picked and everyone is satisficed and excited. We are shooting the music video as soon as possible but due to safety protocols, we are waiting until we get all of our measures checked. 

The final girl group will consist of 4 different individually unique girls including the two that are debuting with the sub-unit later on. There is no exact theme nor concept picked as well. As we stated before, we want to test the hype towards this new adventure. STAYE will compete against big names in the market, such as BLACKPINK and Red Velvet who are all pillars in the market. And we are proud of every inch of their success!

- SX Ent.

despy likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:08 pm
CAL: Season 1 Tmz-interviews-georges-st-pierre-at-world-premiere-of-kickboxer-tmz-png-413_158

Keke Palmer meets lost BLACKPINK member (we think Roses?) at LAX airport

CAL: Season 1 1214821-456176

We spotted Jonny Braun's newly signed starlet Keke Palmer getting off her flight at the LAX airport in nothing but fashion from that fat and cashed Virgin Records check! We said hi to Palmer while she was talking to a Korean, so we just figured it was someone from BLACKPINK.
Adore the picture above readers! By the way, Keke's official launch into the industry is coming sooner than you expect (and we quote from Jonny himself!)

beysus, despy and jackgrande like this post

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:37 pm
CAL: Season 1 2zfMG09

MO’NIQUE ANNOUNCES NEW RECORD LABEL “VROOM VROOM RECORDINGS”, RUN BY THE HELP OF TIFFANY “NEW YORK" POLLARD ; AIMING TO PLEASE MUSIC FANS OF ALL KINDS OF GENRES

In 2010, things goes heated up with Mo’Nique and filmmaker Lee Daniels + talk show personality Oprah Winfrey. She pulled off an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress win without campaigning or promoting the film “Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire” and as a result got her blackballed.

CAL: Season 1 Monique

MO’NIQUE: Being blackballed in the film industry obviously took a toll on me. With almost nobody wanting to work with me anymore, I decided to look at other ventures. I really adore music, I have all my life. Since y’all know my fatass can’t sing, I knew it was better to run a label. *laughs*. My homegirl New York [Tiffany Pollard] helped me a lot in the process of building up this label, she was one of the only people to believe in me, I couldn’t 100% do this without her.

Mo’Nique stated that the artists that are part of the label will be managed by Tiffany “New York” Pollard. Not only did Mo’Nique announce the label at the conference, but she also revealed the first two signees of Vroom Vroom Recordings, pop artist Dua Lipa and rapper Doja Cat.

CAL: Season 1 FullSizeRender-1-1

MO’NIQUE: I’m really happy with the two girls we’re starting with. I LOVE me some Duda Peep [Dua Lipa(?)], that song Big Rules? That was my shit! And don’t get me started on my baby Amala [Doja Cat], she only got like one song out before signing with us but she got a whole lotta potential. I’m excited!

CAL: Season 1 3C8UlTC

Mo'Nique was also asked about the future of Vroom Vroom Recordings, where she stated that she hopes to sign artists of all kinds of genres in the future.

MO’NIQUE: My hopes is not only to show those who tried to get rid of me wrong, but I mainly hope my label has a piece for every music fan from a lot of genres. Like, I don’t look like it but I LOOOOVE me some country….. and that Sushi Pop shit? My sons always play them in the car. So who knows, maybe you’ll see artists like that in the future. *laughs*

CAL: Season 1 MoNique-Contact-Information

Vroom Vroom Recordings’ signees are expected to release soon. Stay tuned for more info on this journey!

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm
DUA LIPA AND DOJA CAT POST REACTIONS TO VROOM VROOM RECORDINGS ANNOUNCEMENT

open fat:
hammer
hammer

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:11 am
SX Entertainment announces new girl group sub-unit name, and debut single in new newsletter to fans!

SX Ent. CEO wrote:
Dear Readers,

We are pleased that you have gotten our letters. Thank you for the endless support that we have gotten towards our new project, STAYE. We are working hard to bring you the best entertainment as possible! I am glad to announce the sub-unit will be called STAYEthere, stylized as STAYE(there). The name has been picked with a mutual decision. We wanted something close to STAYE and actually be apart of it, instead of it being a whole new complete group each time. We are still getting auditions from all around the world for future group members, and we are still looking for more!

Without further due, I got some pleasant news for everyone who have been anticipating the STAYEthere debut. STAYEthere have officially recorded the single bundle. That's right, they will release two songs. One will serve as a single and the other being a B-side. The ballad is something that hits hard to your emotions and feeling, it is something unique. And the single is something you can dance to, all the time! "Swan" will serve as the lead single of the mini-bundle, and the music video have already been shot. Since you are registered to our newsletter, we have a special surprise for you. You get to see the teaser pictures early! Please do not share ~

Eyedi | Jamie

CAL: Season 1 Eyedi-TeaserCAL: Season 1 Jamie-Teaser

That is it for this time, friends! Please wait for our next newsletter where we will announce the official light sticks, fandom name and more about Eydie & Jamie!

ACT2
ACT2

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 pm
CAL: Season 1 Yh1w4q1CAL: Season 1 83401eb04bead1dd7e999c72f50a5c34

Very Cherry Records signs with Lady Gaga & ex-2NE1 member CL....
as rumors stated for months, Very Cherry Records has bagged some of the most prolific stars under their label, Lady Gaga who left her previous label due to mismanagement has found peace in joining the VC family and will be releasing music next year...
CL also left her previous label due to mismanagement but VC was eager to add her to their roster, CL was a part of the highest-selling kpop girl group of all time 2NE1, but after their disbandment in 2016 due to internal issues at YG entertainment, CL decided to end her time at YG and joined VC months after, Very Cherry CEO said "we are very lucky to have such a talent with us and we cant wait for you to see what she can do when she's been given full control of her art" CL is rumored to release music very soon....  

beysus, despy, hammer and jackgrande like this post

ACT2
ACT2

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 pm
CAL: Season 1 Yh1w4q1CAL: Season 1 83401eb04bead1dd7e999c72f50a5c34
CL teases new music soon on her social media

open :

beysus, despy and hammer like this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 am
CAL: Season 1 VVv9jyn

Virgin Records Signs Dynamic Rap Duo 'City Girls'

CAL: Season 1 FIgsBwithoP-czlIBWSSTVlMzntRLmjXgLDOA_wnc9HI4zNwuH6TfrQ2fqyLcOGrOmrmNQD_rzj7DFMEASUXEvaOrzMC58JGjQ-DRuVvHr_mqZ7ASw

CAL: Season 1 City-girls-press

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRIDAY, Nov 27. 2020 ---- Jonny Braun has signed an exciting new female rap duo to his ever growing Virgin Records label.

Girl groups are special and rare. When things work out, it is beautiful. However, when things go wrong it can be all bad. The City Girls are a duo comprised of J.T. and Yung Miami, who met eight years ago in Miami, Florida. The ladies rise has been relatively quick, but when it is hot it is undeniable. J.T. says.

The rap duo has gone viral numerous of times over the past Quarantine summer with the "Period" phrase, essentially saying it after every sentence for emphasis. It has amassed so huge to become a brand.

"I just had to sign these superstars, the way the already know how to brand themselves and have their own sound and look.", Braun says.

Jonny now recently signed two African-American acts, with R&B songbird Keke Palmer joining the Virgin imprint previously.

After signing the girls to contracts, Braun announced at the contract signing that the City Girls will be releasing a Flux promotional song, "Where The Bag At" on December 4. "I want to see how their sound responds on playlists only, so basically they'll be a budget project for a while until I'm ready to launch them fully with physical appearances."

City Girls aren't the only acts releasing on December 4, as their labelmate Keke Palmer (who is reported to have the label's first actual push) is also releasing music December 4, but with multiple projects.

"I might as well call December 4 #VirginDay with how busy it'll be in the office!" Braun exclaimed.

#CityGirls #Virgin #KekePalmer

ACT2, beysus and despy like this post

despy
despy

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:58 pm
CAL: Season 1 Little-Mix_logo

#LM6 - New Era Starts This Friday

CAL: Season 1 5c22ac44eaf9e0abf68735e40fa8a134af90e32b CAL: Season 1 F64865fe6e13a4c1862c224ef3eaad2c6469a10c
CAL: Season 1 65da7cf23f71457d45bed24f49a2cf689eb8269e CAL: Season 1 11a86a0c570ac407610ffbccdc06b0d94949647e

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SUNDAY, Nov 29. 2020 ---- Little Mix announces their upcoming single release for December 4th!

The British pop girl group has made waves around the globe 9 years into their career thanks to their remarkable discography with 5 studio albums which include their biggest hits to date "Shout Out To My Ex", "Wings", "Salute", "Black Magic", "Touch" & "Woman Like Me" featuring Nicki Minaj.

After dropping their previous record titled "LM5", the group parted ways during their album release week with their former record label, Syco which was founded by The X Factor franchise' very own, Simon Cowell. Even though the girls claimed that they were "still pals" at last years BRITs, they were quick to start searching for a new home.

Two weeks ago, Desperado Records announced that the girls were signed with the group as one of their first artists in the label. They were signed along with another UK's very own, Yungblud. The record company seems to be making it clear to their audience that Little Mix is going to be their first official push after they released an official teaser video for their upcoming single -to be released on Friday, December 4th- earlier today.

The girls are apparently getting close to finish their upcoming sixth studio record and the reports are saying that they're feeling ready to unleash the new era with a "retro-sounding bop". The lead single off their sixth album "titled BUS, full title will be announced soon" is out in 5 days! You can pre-save the track through the link under the teaser video.

"BUS", out December 4th.

ACT2, beysus and jackgrande like this post

beysus
beysus

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:57 pm
Kris Jenner covers Variety Magazine
Talks her new venture, artist management!

CAL: Season 1 SbGkURA

Interview:

ACT2, despy, calbooking and jackgrande like this post

beysus
beysus

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:58 pm
CAL: Season 1 Image0

despy likes this post

despy
despy

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:44 pm

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH ---- Little Mix tells fans to check their new Instagram filter and stream their music on Flux for hidden clues!

Jade from @littlemix wrote:Look what we’ve made...our own quiz filter 💁🏼️ Find out which Little Mix song you are and tag us in your vids! ✨ lm.lnk.to/BUS

(+ a tweet that with the caption "Take a few spins of our albums on Flux...you may come across something sweet" with a link to their Flux profile)

The British pop girl group released a filter through their official Instagram account today and also a video on Flux that is going to pop up randomly when you stream their music on Flux consecutively. They announced it through their insta-stories and asked their fans to try the filter and also stream their music on Flux to see if they can recieve some hidden clues that are related to their upcoming single.

"BUS", out December 4th.

Last edited by despy on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

beysus likes this post

despy
despy

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:50 pm

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST ---- Mixers finally find the clues on Instagram & Flux, recieve an exclusive snippet and the title of their upcoming single!

Little Mix wrote:So some of you sussed it... Break Up Song is hidden in our filter. CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO HEAR IT ON FRIDAY!! #LMBreakUpSong

The ad with the exclusive snippet of "Break Up Song" that was played on Flux

And Perrie posted this through the groups Twitter account with the updated pre-save link of the song
Perrie from @littlemix wrote:Just another break up song... http://lttlmx.com/BreakUpSong

It was time for Mixers to shine today because they all found the clues! The official title for their upcoming single popped up on the Insta-filters for some lucky fans and some other Mixers also were able to see the ad on Flux that has the exclusive snippet of the song. There you go! Little Mix' new single titled "Break Up Song" is out on Friday, December 4th. But that's not it for the surprises, apparently there are more coming tomorrow. Stay tuned x

"Break Up Song", out December 4th.

beysus likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:24 pm
CAL: Season 1 EhCJb0F

beysus likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:39 pm
CAL: Season 1 RjCuUxB
beysus
beysus

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Jonnyy likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:12 pm
CAL: Season 1 FubdHsJ
HOME | MUSIC | MOVIES & TV | NEWS | PHOTOS | KEKE

CONFESSIONAL: THE TRUTH

Good Evening Peeps,

My Palmettes was probably expecting a regular announcement regarding potential new music. Jonny was expecting the same announcement you were too, but I'm deciding to do things a bit different while I do announce. I have things to get off my chest.
    I consider myself a straight-shooter so here it is: for 4 years prior to 2020 I've been in an abusive relationship with NBA star LeBron James. Why am I saying this now when I just signed a massive music recording contract knowing everything can be altered or taken away from me? Well, it's a simple thing that's called taking my power back.
   For 4 long years I've been slapped, punched, and told what to do by LeBron. For 4 long years I've been silenced by him as well, when I would threaten that I would run to the press, he would just say no one would believe you. You're a "black girl". Well, Mr. James, fuck you and your reckless narrative. I'm truly telling you, in words, that I Don't Belong To You anymore.
    With that being said, my debut single titled "I Don't Belong To You", written completely by myself while in total distress, derives from that story. Me putting my foot down, me saying no finally, and me accepting the mental and physical abuser that was right under my sheets.

I Don't Belong To You, out on Friday (12/4).

-Keke

(P.S.: I'm also releasing a festive cover of "Santa Baby" on the same day, thank you guys for supporting me all the way to this very moment.)

CAL: Season 1 Foiqqss

ACT2, beysus and jackgrande like this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 pm
Billboard wrote:Billie Eilish Is Dropping a New Single in Just Hours
CAL: Season 1 Billie-Eilish-VF-Oscar-Party-2020-Billboard-1548-1604945822-compressed

Billie Eilish surprised fans on Thursday morning (Dec. 3), when she announced that she'll be dropping a brand new single tonight.

"heather" will be arriving on Thursday (Dec. 3) at 9 p.m. PT (Midnight Friday ET). The Grammy winner shared the news alongside cover art that appears to be an abstract painting of a winter forest.

"I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO HEAR THIS ONE," she added on Instagram. The star's brother and producer Finneas also uploaded the news to his Instagram Story, writing, "I’m so f---ing proud of Billie and myself for this song."

“heather” will be Eilish’s first single since “everything i wanted” which dropped late last year, reaching top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, and her first musical output since her historic Grammy sweep this past February.

CAL: Season 1 WDKoJe7
Single cover art for "heather" by Billie Eilish.

ACT2 and Jonnyy like this post

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 pm
DOJA CAT REVEALS COVER AND DATE FOR HER NEW SINGLE "GO TO TOWN"

CAL: Season 1 6G1rgFM

single cover ✨:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:49 pm
DUA LIPA ANNOUNCES THE LEAD SINGLE FOR HER UPCOMING ALBUM

CAL: Season 1 B3mAgKS

She then took to Instagram to reveal the single cover for 'Break My Heart':

open hihi I love you:

Both Vroom Vroom Recordings signees are releasing tonight, so stay tuned for the madness to unfold!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum