Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
dan
dan

CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:32 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 IdMormW

Text version:

Venti and despy like this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:37 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Z10011

Interview at Z-100 with Ryan Seacrest (US)
July 22nd, 2020
Tier 4

Ryan Seacrest: Welcome to Z-100 where today we have pop superstar Shawn Mendes!

Shawn: Hello! Great to be here.

Ryan: We have been looking forward to having you on the show for such a long time, I bumped into when you were here for Elvis Duran but I’m excited to finally get to to talk! You are one of the most exciting new talents out there, there is a lot of new talent around right now but I think you’re a mark above the rest!

Shawn: Well thank you that’s a huge compliment, it means a lot to hear that from someone like you!

Ryan: We’ll talk about the song, but first can we talk about that music video?! What a masterpiece! How did you come up with the concept?

Shawn: Thanks! I presented all my ideas to Grant Singer who I co-directed the video with and it just blossomed from there really. I met him through Instagram DMs actually, I complimented him on some of his work and he said he’d love to work with me someday so I just sent him my ideas there and then *laughs*.

Ryan: It’s very striking visually! I felt the same way when I first heard the song, the melody and production is crazy infectious.

Shawn: That was definitely what I was aiming for, the song is almost as addictive as a first or new relationship. When you just can’t get enough of someone!

Ryan: And speaking of relationships, is there anyone you’re seeing at the moment Shawn?

Shawn: Not right now, but I won’t say I’m not looking!

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 49803d11

Shawn holds a fan Q&A on Instagram (US)
July 21st, 2020
Free

Shawn took to his Instagram story to answer some fan questions about his new single ‘MY MY MY!’

What is your favourite lyric from ‘MY MY MY!’?

I would have to say my favourite lyric is probably in the chorus, “I die every night with you”. It’s so dramatic but I think it encapsulates how head over heels I was for who I was singing about.

Who’s your favourite artist at the moment? 

At the moment? Apart from myself I would have to say Dua Lipa or Normani. I love both of their new singles. I’ve also been streaming Hailee’s new album Passion, stream Rock Bottom!

Describe ‘MY MY MY!’ In 5 words.

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, shit on it vomit on it put in a blender. Was that more than 5 words? Sorry. 

Why don’t you play the guitar more often in your performances?

Well my my my isn’t really a guitar type of song, but I might try it out some riffs on an electric guitar or something next time I perform it. Most of the time my songs start out as acoustic versions so maybe I’ll share some some day.

What is your dream place to perform?

Apart from the Super Bowl, I’d love to sell out the Staples Centre or Madison Square Garden. Or SNL. That would be a huge honour! I’m lucky to have been able to perform at some pretty exciting places already, but my ultimate goal is to be able to tour the world. Large stadiums preferably! 

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

dan
dan

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 00JwBCQ

Text version:

dan
dan

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:58 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 WZDLZiT

Text version:

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:06 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Z9ItSpR

Text version:

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:15 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 QiVV54R

Text version:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:07 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 27-27711

Interview + Performance on The Today Show (US)
July 23rd, 2020
Tier 2

Host: Last month I got the chance to speak with our next guest backstage at our Citi Summer Concert series, but now here to chat to us in the studio, welcome back Shawn Mendes!

*MY MY MY! plays as Shawn walks out, he hugs and greets the hosts and sits at the end of the panel*

Shawn: Hi thanks for having me back!

Hosts: Now this is a very exciting week for Shawn Mendes fans, and the rest of the world for that matter, you finally released the music video for ‘MY MY MY!’. That must be pretty exciting right?

*the video plays on screen*

Shawn: Yep it’s been an amazing week, seeing the views rack up is so surreal! I’ve been really happy with the response from the fans, it’s crazy how everything has gone since I was last here.

Host: The song is top 10 on Billboard and is on its way to double platinum, how are you handling all of the success?

Shawn: I’m taking it all day by day, I don’t have the time to stop and contemplate everything. Most of all it makes me excited to move onto the next song, of course success isn’t my main motivation but it definitely helps!

Host: Can we expect any more surprises whilst we wait for the album?

Shawn: My fans can expect more surprises next month, I can’t say what they will be but stay tuned!

Host: Shawn will be performing for us again later in the show so stick around!

Host: Here once again performing ‘MY MY MY!’, Shawn Mendes!

The lights in the studio go down and Shawn is stood alone in the middle of the stage, a single spotlight following him as he sings and walks around the stage. Bright sparkling lights shine in the background during the chorus and Shawn interacts with the hosts on the panel. The performance finishes with Shawn making his way back to the stage and the lights go back to dark.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 9a210911

Interview + Performance on The Late Late Show with James Corden (US)
July 23rd, 2020
Tier 2

James: I have been dying to get our next guest on the show for months, please give it up for Shawn Mendes!

*the band plays the ‘MY MY MY!’ instrumental as Shawn walks out, he waves to the crowd and hugs James*

Shawn: Hey! Thanks for having me I’m super nervous.

James: Don’t be! I have to tell you, ‘MY MY MY!’ is probably my favourite song of the year so far! My kids introduced me to you and I’ve been a fan since, pretty much like the rest of the world.

Shawn: Thank you! It’s been so rewarding seeing everyone like it as much as they do.

James: Now usually when I have an artist on the show I have them on Carpool Karaoke, but you only have one song out! Everyone is desperate for that album.

Shawn: *laughs* Trust me I want to release it just as bad as everyone else! But I like the build up, I’m gonna keep on teasing my fans as long as possible. But trust me more news on the album will come next month! I’ve never been so excited for any thing like this before in my life.

James: So on Friday you dropped some brand new merch which I was lucky enough to get my hands on!

*James unbuttons his suit jacket to reveal he’s wearing a ‘MY MY MY!’ t-shirt, the crowd laughs*

Shawn: It suits you! I see you have the phone case too, you better have downloaded your digital copies of the single! *laughs*

James: All 5 redeemable codes! Gotta support the king of pop! Stick around to see Shawn perform his hit single…

James: Here to close the show, make some noise for Shawn Mendes!

Shawn is stood in the same screen box as seen on Jimmy Fallon, but this time it’s showing a full moon against a dark skyscape. Throughout the performance the moon slowly sets whilst the sun is rising, throughout we see multiple different weathers like rain and lightning storms, until it finishes with the sun risen and a blue sky. Shawn thanks the audience. 

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Captura_de_pantalla_2020-06-12_a_las_1.33.39
Victoria Monet discounts Sticky on iTunes globally to $0.69
On july 17th, 2020 Victoria discounts her debut single of Sticky on iTunes globally for one week.

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:24 pm
Victoria Monet x American Idol
Sunday, July 19th, US Performance
Victoria Monet drops by American Idol to perform her hit single Sticky alongside Gunna and Drake.
Victoria starts the performance in the very middle of the stage with her dancers surrounding her in a circle. They slowly move farther and farther apart as victoria slowly approaches the front of the stage. She makes it to the very front of the stage for the chorus where alongside her dancers engage in the iconic sticky choreography. Then, the dancers separate and move to each side of the stage while two stay behind to engage in the verse choreography right beside Victoria. After the second chorus, Victoria announces Gunna and Drake to the stage who approach from opposite sides. Victoria dances and vibes while laughing with each of them before going back to the middle to perform the final chorus of the song. Drake and Gunna remain on the stage to include ad-libs and to hype up the stage and bring more energy.
Sticky and its remix are out now on Flux and iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Victoria Monet x The Voice US

Tuesday, july 21st Paid US
Victoria goes onto The Voice US to perform her hit single Sticky alongside Gunna!
The performance starts with the camera right in front of Victoria’s face. She holds the mic and begins to sing as she walks towards the camera which is slowly moving backwards at the same pace. She then pushes it and it pans around Victoria’s dancers who are surrounding her but facing outwards. They slowly move closer and closer to her before the chorus begins and they get into their positions to dance for the Sticky chorus. Once the first chorus is finished, Victoria separates from her dancers who engage the right side of the stage while she goes to the left and engages the audience there. They meet back together for the second chorus and do the choreography. Then the camera pans to Gunna who is just entering the stage and begins to rap him and drake’s part of the song. Once he’s done he pushes the camera back to Victoria who finishes the performance with choreography.
Sticky and Sticky Remix out now on Flux and iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Victoria Monet x Good Morning America

July 23rd US Paid Performance
Victoria Monet drops by Good Morning America to perform her debut single Sticky.
Victoria begins the performance wearing an oversized Sticky merch shirt that has the sticky and the double bubble logo. She begins the performance with the mic on the mic stand alongside her two dancers who also have mic stands without mics. They do a small dance number for the verses using the mics before taking them off the stand and moving down the catwalk while casually dancing and hyping up the audience. They’re laughing and having fun, the performance is much less structured than some of her other performances. They make it to the end of the catwalk right in time for the second chorus where they engage in the usual Sticky choreography together. For the final chorus, they jump around and vibe at the end of the catwalk as the camera pans from a birds eye view around the entire stage.
Sticky and Sticky remix out now on Flux and iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:27 pm
Victoria Monet x Jimmy Fallon
July 17th, US Paid Performance + Interview
Victoria Monet drops by the Jimmy Fallon show to discuss the Sticky Music Video, her sponsorship deal with Double Bubble, the sticky MV and the sticky remix
Victoria on her double bubble sponsorship
This idea was really a spur of the moment! We were thinking about ideas for the sticky music video and I thought about putting a scene with gum and my friend jokingly replied that I should consider doing a sponsorship deal with them and I thought it would actually be a good idea. My friends know how much I eat gum anyways so it would relate to me AND the song haha! I don’t know if you had time to look at the merch but they helped partner with us to make shirts that represent sticky and double bubble! I have one more thing this month with them that will make my fans excited but I don’t want to spill on that just yet!
Victoria on the sticky Music Video
I was so scared when the video uploaded because last minute I was really ashamed of it for no reason! I was literally hyperventilating but after a while, I became okay with it and now I’m really proud of the video. My favourite part of the video is definitely the psychic with a crystal ball scene that takes you to the sticky room! Did y’all like it? *Victoria gestures to the crowd who loudly cheer when she addresses them. Victoria and Jimmy begin to laugh before going back to the interview*.
*The show goes to commercial before Jimmy introduces Victoria who is going to perform Sticky.*
The performance begins with Victoria standing in the middle of the stand with a head-set mic looking straight ahead at the audience. She begins the performance with a dance number instead of the first verse. Then, the song immediately skips to the first chorus and they begin to dance for that as well. Victoria repeats the same thing for the rest of the performance.
Sticky and the Sticky Remix are out now!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:28 pm
Victoria Monet x Jimmy Kimmel
July 22nd Paid US Performance + Interview *pre-recorded performance*
Victoria drops by Jimmy Kimmel to perform her hit single sticky and to join for an interview to discuss the sticky remix alongside Drake and Gunna
Victoria Monet on the Sticky Remix
My label and I had a remix planned for a long time but we didn’t know who we wanted to do it with, they just thought it would be a good idea to get my name out there by collaborating with other artists in the industry. Then, we had the Sony Music Entertainment brunch around a month ago which was the first time I’ve met Drake! We chit-chatted and discussed our music and our plans for our eras. I played him Sticky and he said he really liked it and so, within like a day he wrote up a verse and sent it to me over text. We worked around with it and we made the remix! We had that part planned for a long time but then, a couple of weeks ago I met Gunna who told me he also really liked the song and had a cute concept for the rap. I had no reason to say no, so he sent me a voice message with his verse and i really liked it as well! So, literally a couple of hours before the final demo was supposed to be sent for distribution, I added the verse to the song and everyone loved it and that’s how the sticky remix was born!
*The show cuts to commercial before Jimmy welcomes the viewers back and tells them that Victoria will now perform the Sticky remix with Drake and Gunna!
The performance begins like many of her performances do, with her and her dancers in the middle. She sings the first verse acoustic with no production. Then, the song takes a pause for her and her dancers to make it to the very front of the stage before the production kicks back in and they do the signature sticky choreography for the chorus of the song. For the bridge, Drake and Gunna both come from each side of the stage and they all perform the rest of the song together with Drake and Gunna hyping up the stage after they both perform their verses.
Sticky Remix and Sticky are out now on iTunes and Flux!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:28 pm
Victoria Monet x The Today Show

July 20th Paid US I+P
Victoria Monet goes onto the Today Show to perform her hit single Sticky and also to discuss future music.
Victoria on future music
I know it hasn’t been an awful long time since I released Sticky but I’m already itching to release more music so I think I’m gonna make August the month I release lots of songs. I have lots of songs ready for my album so I might even be dropping an EP with some songs that I love but couldn’t fit on the album. I’m really excited to release more music to show my fans and the general public my versatility when creating music. I’ve had so many ideas pent up for so long so now I don’t want to hide or release music too slowly.
*The show goes to commercial before the presenter introduces Victoria as she takes the stage to perform her hit single Sticky!*
Victoria starts this performance in the audience. She is wearing a pink outfit and she begins slowly going down the stairs while singing the first verse of the song. She makes it to the front of the stage just in time to dance the first chorus of the song. She then moves around the stage slowly with the camera following her every move throughout the entire performance. For the second verse, she repeats the same action and does the signature sticky choreography for the second chorus. However, for the bridge, while Gunna and Drake are not present, the backing track plays their rap while victoria hands the mic to the dancer and begins to dance to their verses. The dancer makes it back in time to hand her the mic so that she can belt the chorus and end the performance.
Sticky and Sticky Remix out now on iTunes and Flux!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:34 pm
Victoria Monet x Seth Meyer

July 20th US Paid I+P
On July 20th, Victoria goes onto the Seth Meyer show to perform her hit single Sticky while also doing an interview discussing Victoria’s new EP that will be released mid august
Victoria on her new EP
I don’t want to reveal the name yet so I’ll just be calling it project: dive for now but I am really excited about it. When you release a song, it is hard for the general public to see your versatility or to see what other things you can explore so if they don’t like the song they just move on. However, with this EP I really want to explore lots of different genres and subgenres so that everyone can find something they like/find a side of my music that they enjoy! The album is going to be more cohesive but I just wanted this record to explore and experiment more to see what works!
*After going to commercial, Seth Meyer announces that Victoria will now take the stage to perform her debut single Sticky!*
Victoria begins the performance laying on the ground with the camera recording her from a birds eye view. Her dancers surround her in a circle and one by one they begin to get up with Victoria being the last one to rise. The intro of the song was playing while this happened so Victoria and her dancers get up just in time to perform the chorus of the song with the signature sticky choreography! Afterwards the dancer disperse aside from two who follow Victoria wherever she goes as she prances across the stage while she sings. Everytime the chorus is about to begin, everyone regroups in the middle to perform the choreography. For the final chorus though, Victoria goes alone to the front of the stage and belts the chorus while her dancers continue the choreography.
Sticky out now on iTunes and Flux alongside its remix!

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:06 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 2aZZ2Sd

Camila Cabello on Le Grand Journal
July 17th | FR (EU) | Tier 1 | I+P
1st article for week of July 17th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 LE_GRAND_JOURNAL_-_B_preview

Interview:

Performance:

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:11 pm
Victoria x FBE Reacts
July 18th US Paid
On July 18th, a video was posted on the FBE channel titled “elders react to Sticky by Victoria Monet” which has elders reacting to the music video for the song by Victoria Monet! The elders begin by reacting to the song itself. For the intro of the song, many praised its classic Rnb beginning and many were intrigued by Victoria’s voice in the first chorus of the song. The biggest praise was that it felt reminiscent of a 90s Rnb style instead of the more contemporary Rnb style that many are used to. For the music video, many liked the way the music video began kind of like a movie and they appreciated the psychic concept. Some were more shocked by the more sensual chorus shots, and said Victoria should cover up! They also were shocked at the abusive and toxic relationship the main character of the video was in, they were confused why she couldn’t leave and discussed that. They praised the choreography that was present in the second chorus but like the first, some of the more conservative viewers did not praise the partial nudity that was found within it. For the most part, however, the reactions given by the viewers were positive for the song and the video and they looked forward to hearing music like this on the radio! After the video and the song were finished, the video cued to discussion where people compared the current state of popular music to the kind of music Victoria was releasing and praising her for not following the current trends that, naturally, the more conservative and old reactors did not approve of at all.

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 2aZZ2Sd

Camila Cabello on Das Supertalent
July 18th | GER (EU) | Tier 2
2nd article for week of July 17th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Supertalent

Performance:

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:26 pm
Victoria Monet releases sticky merch bundles on her website

On Friday, July 17th, Victoria Monet release Sticky merchandise on her website to commemorate the release of the sticky remix and as a gift to her fans. The merchandise includes t-shirts and crewnecks ($9.99) that are black or white and includes a Vinyl ($14.99) and a physical CD ($9.99)  for the single Sticky that includes the remix and the original song. The purchase of any of this merchandise also allows you to download Sticky onto iTunes as a bundle.
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Screen_Shot_2020-07-23_at_10.21.08_PM
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Screen_Shot_2020-07-23_at_10.17.55_PM
CAL: Season 1 - Page 18 Screen_Shot_2020-07-23_at_10.15.38_PM

Venti likes this post

ACT2
ACT2

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:29 pm
Ava Max X Heart Breakfast
SAT | July 18th | PAID UK

On July 18th Ava max went onto Heart Breakfast radio to talk about the success of her debut single “Sweet but psycho” and discuss the controversial music video

On Controversial music video
Making the video over-exaggerated was the goal we wanted it to be fast, shocking interesting and campy, it was kind of influenced by the telephone music video which Jonas the director of the video also directed, he is amazing and such a hard worker, we had a lot of fun creating that video, and the best part is we did it in a huge ass mansion

Reaction to #1 in the US
I was on the floor sobbing, I immediately called Cirkut who produced the song, and we started screaming to each other on the phone in joy, it was an amazing day, I’m very grateful for what the fans did to get this song to #1 I love the Avatars so much

On the possibility of touring
For sure! if people want a tour it could happen, but it all comes down to if the label wants it or not, but I’d be glad to tour since this is the best part of all of this, which is to sing all this music live

On Fashion
you know I try to be as unique and as me as possible cause I think fashion trends are dumb to be honest, I'd rather follow what I want than what people are going after also you just feel better cause you'd be like the only one that stands out in a room

The host then reminded everyone that “Sweet But Psycho” is available everyone now and streaming on flux

Venti likes this post

ACT2
ACT2

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 pm
Ava Max X The Joe Rogan Podcast (JRE)
SAT | July 18th | Free US

On July 18th Ava max went onto the Joe Rogan podcast, discussing music, life as a child & more

On Music as a child
You know music has always been around me as a child, my mom is an opera singer, and my dad was in a band, my uncle was also like the piano player of the family, so music was never something out of the ordinary for me our family was very musical, which is kinda weird for a family from Albania but yeah I love it all and I love how musical my family is, and growing up with it gives me an advantage I think in the industry because there is barely any new artists that write or care about their music as much anymore like from 10 years ago.

On her single “Sweet But Psycho”
I wrote that with the producer Cirkut and a couple of others, we were just in the studio brainstorming and I got this idea of being both sweet and psycho, and it all just started from there, the next day Cirkut made an amazing beat and I started writing and the rest was history.

On being in the Music industry at a young age
It’s a pretty dark world to be in to be honest especially on a young girl, I’ve had producers that want to date me at 16, it’s a super sexist world which is why I think it’s important for me to make these very feminist anthems cause amplifying our voices is very important to me, and Sweet but psycho barely scratches the surface compared to other tracks I made for this upcoming record

Venti likes this post

ACT2
ACT2

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:44 pm
Ava Max X BBC Breakfast
MON | July 20th | Paid UK

On July 20th Ava Max went on BBC Breakfast radio to talk about her hit single “Sweet But Psycho”

On Sweet But Psycho
I feel like I needed to write this song, the message behind it is so important and the fact it’s the number 1 song in America is mind-blowing and amazing, and I’m grateful for the Avatars cause I know they are also doing this to try and put out the message of this song and actually be helpful which I am so grateful for, I love you all and your dedication is astounding

On Sucess in the United States
I'm still like in shock about that, cause I never expected it to happen you know? its such an amazing feeling knowing that people actually care and listen to your music and the stories you tell through it, like that is what we as artists and songwriters are trying to achieve that sense of helping others, it makes us feel good about ourselves and it helps heal the world one note & one word at a time

On the UK
you know I've been here for like 4 days and it's absolutely amazing, the people here are so nice and the food is amazing, I still haven't seen big ben so that's on my list while I'm here! overall the country is amazing so far haha

On New Music
you know I have written alot of songs and I am still writing songs on the road and I get melodies and words randomly in my head at the most random times, but enough of boring songwriting talk! hahaha to answer your question, yes! music is coming you just have to wait a bit longer

Venti likes this post

ACT2
ACT2

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 pm
Ava Max X The X Factor UK
SUN | July 19th | PAID UK

On July 19th Ava Max went on The X Factor UK to perform her hit single “Sweet But Psycho”

after the host introduces Ava the camera pans to a darkly light stage and the audience scream in joy, Ava has a spotlight on her and the song starts and ava begins to sing a stripped-down version of the chorus of the song, after that the actual song starts and her dancers come in wearing black and white jumpsuits with black berets and sunglasses, she is wearing a checkered black and white jumpsuit with a black skirt and black and white heels, she is wearing her signature max cut hair with streaks of black hair on the long side of her hair and black and white nails on both hands, she moves around the stage, she then dances with her dancers on the chorus as the screens behind her flash in white and black on the beat, she gets to the bridge and belts out the note and ends a song with a pose the host remind everybody watching to pick up her hit debut single "Sweet But Psycho" out everywhere and available for streaming on flux

Venti likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum