Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beysus
beysus

Pitchfork's Best New Music Empty Pitchfork's Best New Music

Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:40 pm
PITCHFORK'S BEST NEW MUSIC OF THE MONTH

Every week, Pitchfork Magazine (@venti) will post what they believe are the best 4 new tracks released that month.

Every review is subjective, and should not be taken personally. A song being listed as one of the best tracks of the month will not affect its chart performance. This is simply a fun thing for bragging rights.

beysus
beysus

Pitchfork's Best New Music Empty Re: Pitchfork's Best New Music

Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:45 pm
WEEK OF JUNE 12TH, 2020

Pitchfork's Best New Music R6xUa3A

Unless you are under the age of 16, you have probably never heard of Shawn Mendes, however, with the release of his debut single, that is surely about to change. The 21-year-old singer rose to social media fame in the past years with his covers. Gaining a remarkable 3 million Tik Tok followers in the past 6 months, it is a no brainer why Republic Records rushed to sign him. While the bar is never set high for the music of overnight viral sensations, see Justin Bieber’s 2009 single “One Time”, this Canadian pop-singer manages to shatter any possible expectations with “My, My, My!

On “My My My!”—one of the first great songs of what has been a subpar year in music—Mendes is celebrating pure joy, the feeling of being swept up and rendered invincible by new love. The song opens with what feels like synth-pop heaven, then launches into a chilling verse. “Shine on, diamond/Don't make me wait another day/'Cause passion is passion/You know it just as well as me,” he sings to his newfound love, eager to begin what can be a wonderland of a relationship. Unlike most male pop singers, “My My My!” is not rampant with sexual innuendos or pleas of how desperate Mendes is to engage in sex. The lyrics are soft—flamboyant. This may not be the word that a young, particularly straight, man wants to be associated with, but Mendes fully embraces it within the song. Even the artwork represents such a feeling, with a touch of pink being added on top of his eyes.

“My My My!” may potentially mark the start of the career of one of today’s most forward-thinking pop superstars, or the one-off spark of tomorrow’s next “remember [insert fad musician]?”. Regardless of the outcome, the song will forever trance its listeners with one phrase exiting their mouths. “Oh my, my, my”.

@jackgrande

Pitchfork's Best New Music IZEM8YP

This track should have been left in drafts. If OFF TEMPER ENTERTAINMENT has any sense, they should drop Tyler, The Creator immediately.
@venti

Venti
Venti
Admin
https://loonycal.forumotion.com

Pitchfork's Best New Music Empty Re: Pitchfork's Best New Music

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm
Pitchfork's Best New Music Screen-Shot-2018-09-10-at-2.27.17-PM
June 2020

4. Victoria Monét - Sticky
Pitchfork's Best New Music Captura_de_pantalla_2020-06-12_a_las_1.38.52
Review: