Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beysus
beysus

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021

Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:03 pm
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 H6NKJxe
DATE: December 31st, 2020 & January 1st, 2021
TIME: 8pm ET - 2am ET
NETWORK: ABC
MAX PERFORMERS: 6 (3 Times Square & 3 Los Angeles)

CAL AIRING DATE & TIME: January 2nd, 2021 at 4pm ET

PERFORMER REQUIREMENTS:

BOOKING INFORMATION:

Last edited by beysus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty NYRE Commercial #1

Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:02 pm
TV SPOT AIRING NATIONWIDE

bold text is announcer

*The chorus of “Break My Heart” by Dua Lipa plays throughout the commercial*

2020 has been a wild ride, so this Thursday, let’s send it off in style!

Ring in 2021 in New York, LA and now WORLDWIDE…

Ryan Seacrest: Let’s go America!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Source

With the upcoming year’s biggest songs!

Rihanna!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 SxD57a4

Florence Welch!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 VRn15jo

Sam Hunt!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Efvyy1b

Dua Lipa!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 1ip51QK

Katy Perry!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 MIBRAYr

… And LIVE, right before The Ball drops...

BILLIE EILISH!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 SFzEUf5

Ryan, Ciara, and Lucy host!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 EjhA5Eq

New Year’s Rockin’ Eve!
Live starting at 8/7 central on ABC!

Venti, beysus, jackgrande, dweebz, Truffle and medoner like this post

calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Start of Program

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Timessquare

The camera pans over Times Square as Ryan Seacrest begins speaking.

Ryan Seacrest: Live from Times Square, it’s the biggest party on the planet! Dick Clark’s New Years’ Rockin’ Eve 2021 with me Ryan Seacrest! Over the next 4 hours, we’re bringing in 12 amazing performances from the hottest artists of the year! Right here in Times Square, Lucy Hale joins me, along with live performances by Dua Lipa, Florence Welch, and Billie Eilish! And at our Billboard Hollywood Party in Los Angeles, our host is Ciara! Along with Rihanna, Sam Hunt, Katy Perry, and more all performing! Plus, throughout the night some of the world’s biggest stars will stop by to share their New Years’ Resolutions! And it all starts live now!

The camera now switches to Ryan Seacrest standing inside the studio.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Ryan-Seacrest-NYE-2017

Ryan Seacrest: Welcome to Times Square! We have a lot going on tonight, so let’s get the show on the road. First up, 2020 has been a year of grave division, due to social distancing, quarantines, and political turmoil, so it is important we end it off with unity. Video-calling in from his Delaware residence for a special interview, it’s President-Elect Joe Biden!

Last edited by calbooking on Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Re: Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Video of Ryan’s interview with President-Elect Joe Biden.

Joe Biden: Now before I go, I’m very honoured to introduce the night’s first performer. Please welcome the marvellous Dua Lipa!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Giphy
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Dua Lipa's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:32 pm
Break My Heart

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 October-2017
Imagine a red bodysuit instead of blue.

Dua starts the show off with Break My Heart. She is wearing a red floral bodysuit, fishnet tights, a white ruffled jacket, black platform ankle boots and has a dangling diamond earring on her left ear. Close up shots show her glittery white painted nails with the broken heart emojis drawn on each one of them. The background dancers are wearing white bodysuits with dark red platform boots. The stage backdrop is retro themed and red, containing lyrics to the song as she sings with 3D hearts breaking throughout. Each time the chorus kicks in, the background dancers gather around Dua and perform a soon to be signature dance break that matches some of the lyrics. The background dancers stand apart from Dua during the bridge so it looks like she’s alone and she sings a loud belt as they all gather around her again. After the bridge, a beat drop that wasn’t in the studio version occurs and they have another dance break before the final chorus.

One Kiss

Dua takes off her ruffled jacket and throws it across the stage as the beat kicks in. The stage lights go from red to blue and the backdrop displays multiple scenes from the music video throughout. When the chorus occurs, she performs the infamous One Kiss choreo with the background dancers and laughs as she and the dancers twirl their hips back and forth. When the final chorus and beatdrop occur, she demonstrates a re imagined dance break with the dancers as confetti is flown all over stage. Once the performance ends, she stands in the center nearly out of breath and blows a kiss across the stage.

The camera zooms out of the stage and pans across the audience.
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Re: Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:33 pm
A pre-recorded video of Dua Lipa talking about her New Years’ resolutions plays.

Dua Lipa: My new years resolution is to get people dancing, especially after this chaotic year you know? I think I got just the right trick for that too. *wink* Happy New Years!

The program goes to commercial break.
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Sam Hunt's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:36 pm
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Ciara-nye-abc-ftr-1

The program returns with Ciara now standing in a party set.

Ciara: Welcome back to New Years’ Rockin’ Eve! We’re here now in Hollywood, for our next performance. In 2017 his smash hit single "Body Like A Back Road" broke country music records. And his new single will surely do the same. Here to perform "Little Feathered Indians", it’s Sam Hunt!

The stage is dimly lit and completely empty. Sam walks onto the stage, dressed in jeans and a red flannel, with a guitar in one hand and a chair in the other. He sets the chair down at the center of the stage, adjusts his mic and sits down. "Thanks toeveryone that is watching from home for taking time on a festive day like this to share a few special moments with us. I know 2020 wasn't a great start to the decade, but love and compassion helped us pull through. I hope this song can bring spread a little more of that love." He closes his eyes and begins to play the opening chords for "Little Feathered Indians". Then he opens his mouth and gorgeous vocals escape. Sam sounds confident, yet vulnerable and passionate at the same time. He wears a smile on his face, his happiness permeating every note that he sings. He stands up and opens his eyes. The camera gives us an amazing view of his eyes, scanning the room in front of him. It's almost as if he's attempting to make eye contact with every member of the audience in front of him, inviting them into the world of the song. He continues like this until the end of the performance.

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Sam-hunt-vip-tickets.vipticketplace.com

As Sam Hunt receives applause, a pre-recorded video of him saying his New Years’ resolutions plays.

Sam Hunt: Hey y’all, it’s your boy Sam. What a year 2020 has been! But through the ups and downs, we made it, so it’s time to get rowdy and party! My 2021 resolution is definitely to live life to the fullest, this past year taught me to never take anything, including life, for granted. I pray to God that 2021 is a year of blessings for each and everyone of us. Happy New Years America!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Ba549d68362872dff2d676a39d3c702d

calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Katy Perry's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Ciara-new-years-rockin-eve-gettyimages-1076913446

Ciara: And we’re back! Our next performer has ROARed her to the top of the charts for over a decade now. Her hits have been the soundtrack to many of our lives. Give it up for, Katy Perry!

Katy Perry comes to the stage wearing an interesting food related costume

Katy: Helloooooo LA!!!
*cheers* *straight men cheers the most*
Katy: I just want to wish you all a Happy New Years!!! Let’s all bring some savoury into the new year the right way! After 7 long years I am here to directly announce my new song to all of you. It’s called Bon Appetit with a very special guest if you haven’t seen my tweet yet. I hope you all enjoy the course… bon appetit!

Katy performs with such enthusiasm and her hair was not cut as most rumors said it was as she takes out her cupcake hat. Katy’s dancers dance around the stage with silly/sexy food related wardrobes at 6 feet apart as always by the CDC rules. Throughout the performance she takes out her kiddy food related costume and shows us the sexier version, parents watch your children! Upcoming to the bridge a giant cake starts to elevate from the stage and right when it's the bridge, queen of rap Nicki Minaj comes out and starts her verse. She sprays the dancers with “sugar” to sweeten up the food they’re supposed to be. At the end of the performance both ladies go back to back at the ending of the song.

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Maxresdefault

Katy: THANK YOU LA!!! MY ALBUMS NAME IS CALLED RESILIENT!!!! I LOVE YOU MY KATYCATS!!!
Nicki: HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE YOU MY BARBZ THANK YOU!!!
Katy & Nicki: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!

A video of Katy Perry saying her New Years’ resolutions plays.

Katy Perry: My New Years’ resolution is to be the best momma to my new baby girl! Already love the experience of motherhood and I can’t wait to share the rest of my life with my little angel. Happy New Years KatyCats!!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Tenor
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Florence Welch's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Ryan Seacrest: A wonderful performance by Katy Perry & Nicki Minaj in Hollywood! There’s now less than an hour and a half until the Ball Drops! But we aren’t going anywhere yet! Next up here in Times Square is a newcomer to America, but this definitely won’t be the only time you see her! Welcome to the stage, Florence Welch!

Florence walks out into the stage and the crowd is going wild. She makes her way to the middle of the stage, right behind the mic. Florence then says “Thank you so much for tuning in. My name is Florence Welch, this is my band and this is ‘Moderation’”. As Moderation starts, Florence is all over the stage jumping and running around being eccentric and wild. When the music is slower Florence goes into a slower speed and when the music is faster all you can see is her beautiful red hair flowing in the wind as he sheer purple dress with a flowing right behind her. When that song stops, Florence takes a deep breath. The beginning of Dog Days are Over plays and Florence says “2020 has been touch for all of us but finically the Dog Days are Over and with the other roll in of 2021, let’s go!” The first verse goes and Florence sings it with beauty and grace. With the song playing she is jumping up and down and giving America, and the world words of encouragement to get passed 2020. “I know this year has been the worst for a lot of us, but we can not let that keep us down. I feel the world is full of energy and that energy is called love. Love is what we need. It doesn’t matter where you are, who is next to you but I challenge you to embrace each other. Make sure you are not sick but embrace each other with the energy that is called love. You can do it. I believe in you.” She says that in the bridge and then the last chorus of the song plays and that is it.

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 CCmO

Ryan Seacrest: An amazing performance by Florence Welch! Keep it tuned into New Years’ Rockin Eve! We’ll be right back!

calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Rihanna's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:42 pm
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 FloweryDeepAntipodesgreenparakeet-size_restricted

Ciara: Our next performer and I go way back, and I’m very happy to see that she has finally booked a stage! Giving us a sultry performance of her new single "Come Thru”, it’s Rihanna featuring Chris Brown!

The lights flash on to Rihanna entering the stage on a motorcycle as the beginning of “Come Thru” beings to play. A set of 8 male dancers then run in evenly from both sides of the stage. Rihanna gets off the motorcycle as she sings “You did something, cuz shit like this don’t happen too often.” She then proceeds to do choreography to the beat of the song as the male dancers form a semi circle around her and the motorcycle. The lights flash to the back of the stage where a prop house is set up accompanied by a window. Rihanna walks to and enters the house as she sings along to the chorus. Through the window, the audience can see Rihanna appear as if she’s getted ready for a date as she pretends to do her hair and apply make up while singing. As the second verse starts, Chris Brown enters the stage doing his usual slurry of Michael Jackson-esque moves. During the chorus, he goes up to the house and rings the door. Rihanna opens the door and Chris and her get on top of the motorcycle. As the final chorus plays, Chris and Rihanna do donuts across the stage as a pole with a sign resembling a large yellow “m” lights up near the house.

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 VMA2016-1

The camera pans out from Rihanna’s performance and switches to a video of Keke Palmer saying her New Years’ resolutions.

Keke Palmer: Back to actual talent. Hey y’all, it’s ya gurl Keke! My new years resolution is to not SMACK Dick Clark for denying Jonny’s request to be on their show, he lucky he not alive!!! laughs I’m just kidding, but my real new year’s resolution is to be effortlessly successful in anything I do. The streets been saying I’ll be the highest selling R&B artist in 2021, and I said of course, its not like I have competition! Laughs Anyways, Happy New Years to everyone and their loved ones, and purchase or stream I Don’t Belong To You please. We got my peers’ caskets to purchase!

Last edited by calbooking on Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty Billie Eilish's Performance

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:47 pm
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 New-years-rocking-eve-2017

Ryan Seacrest: We now are less than 30 minutes away from the Ball Drop, but the night is still far from over, especially with our next performer about to take the stage! Give it up for the one and only… let’s hear it for Billie Eilish!

As the camera pans from Ryan in the socially-distanced crowd to the stage, the iconic opening instrumental to Billie Eilish’s classic #1 single "bad guy" plays. The camera lands on a close-up shot of Billie Eilish’s face, with her eyes being closed. While her eyes remain closed, she begins to sing the first verse of the song. Slowly, but surely, she opens her eyes and makes facial expressions while continuing to sing.

With the chorus arriving, the camera zooms out to show the full stage. Behind Billie on stage, is her brother Finneas playing the guitar, and a drummer. Billie’s full outfit is shown. She’s wearing a head-to-toe neon green outfit containing an oversized puffer jacket and shorts.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 3f2b096979169fba7d9ac41915dfa3aa
An idea of what her outfit looks like.

After singing the “duh” line, Billie jumps around the stage as the chorus’ instrumental plays. The stage’s lights flash red and smoke, from a smoke machine, appears on the ground. Billie is simply vibing on stage, and enjoying herself. The camera switches shots between Billie jumping and Finneas playing the guitar.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 EgsTt8D

Billie continues the performance, with the second verse having her walking across the stage and encouraging the audience at home to clap along with her. When the second chorus arrives, she does the same thing she did during the first one. Jumping around the stage. She ends the "bad guy" performance by singing the outro in a sultry voice and walking slowly.

As the "bad guy" instrumental fades out, Billie speaks into the microphone as she walks back to the center of the stage. The lights on stage turn a sombre blue.

“I think we can all agree when I say 2020 has been a crappy year for all of us. We all experienced pain, loss, or even heartbreak this year. I would really love to stand on this stage and tell everyone ‘don’t worry, 2021 is going to be better. It’s a fresh new start’, but I would be lying to myself if I said that. Things don’t always get better. What’s important is that we learn how to get through and deal with the crap. Find something that is not solely a distraction, but a coping mechanism that can get you through the rough times. For me, that’s songwriting. This next song, I wrote early this year about my own heartbreak. It’s been the perfect therapy for me. So in 2021, I challenge each and every one of you this: find that something, a hobby, an activity, whatever, that even on your worst days, or month, or year as 2020 has proven, can get you through it all. This is heather…”

Billie sits down on a stool that lays in the center of the stage. She places her microphone on its stand and picks up a ukulele. She begins to play the opening strings to her single "heather" on the ukulele.

Without a beat, Billie starts singing the song while continuing to play the ukulele. For the entire first verse, the camera stands still as Billie sings.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 0522_BillieEilish_HPS_Mobile_02

Slightly zooming out at the chorus, Finneas is revealed to be sitting next to Billie and providing background vocals as she continues to sing.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 190928_4039071_Billie_Eilish__I_Love_You__Live_

By the time the song’s last lyrics arrive, Billie is visibly tearing up. She dramatically stops playing the ukulele as she sings the song’s final lines.

“You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were…”

As Finneas plays the song’s fading last strings, Billie wipes her tears and rolls her eyes.

She puts a smile on her face and ends the performance speaking into the microphone.

“Thank you! Happy New Years!”.
calbooking
calbooking

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:49 pm
Following Billie Eilish’s performance, a video of Taylor Swift saying her resolutions plays.

Taylor Swift: Hey guys, it’s Taylor. I wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone who has gone through this year and has made the best of their situation, or done what they can to keep people safe. Especially the frontline workers, and I know a lot of them are actually there tonight, so I want to say thank you to all the frontline workers in healthcare, and otherwise, who have done your best and put your lives on the line for us this year. Cheers to 2021 being a golden year filled with happiness and butterflies. Happy New Year!
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 02r49Os

Last edited by calbooking on Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbooking
calbooking

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Empty End of Program

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:02 pm

The program returns with Florence Welch, Dua Lipa, Ryan Seacrest, and Billie Eilish (from left to right) all on top of a platform looking over Times Square. Less than 3 minutes are left until the New Year.

Ryan Seacrest: Well we’re back live in Times Square. Midnight is almost here, which means the hell year that has been 2020 is finally almost over! We’re going to welcome in the New Year with some of our close friends. Dua Lipa is here!
Dua Lipa: My hands are absolutely freezing, this outfit was the wrong choice! (laughs)
Ryan Seacrest: We’ll get you some hand warmers… Billie Eilish!
Billie Eilish: Hiii Ryan!
Ryan Seacrest: Nice to see you again Billie! And Florence Welch!
Florence Welch: *waves to the camera but is given no speaking time as every second she’s on-screen ABC loses 100,000 viewers*
Ryan Seacrest: So Billie, hold this for a second while I get Dua some hand warmers. What do you hope for in the New Year?
Billie Eilish: Uh, I hope to release my sophomore album. And I’m like real-life praying, it’s a long shot though, but for this pandemic to be over so I can hit the road again!
Ryan Seacrest: We definitely share the same hope of the end of the pandemic. *gets handed hand warmers and gloves by a production crew member* Oh here they are Dua!
Dua Lipa: Awh, thanks, Ryan! *puts on the gloves*
Ryan Seacrest: Let’s head down to Lucy! Lucy, what’s happening down on the streets? Final moments here!

The camera switches to Lucy Hale in the streets of Times Square.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Lucy-hale-new-years-rockin-eve

Lucy Hale: Usually at this time, there would be tens of thousands of screams down here right now, but I’m just seeing a lot of essential workers huddled up with their loved ones, enjoying the final minutes of the year. You know what, I have an idea. For all of you people at home with no one to kiss, at Midnight I’m going to kiss the lens, and if you kiss the TV and take a photo, I will retweet you guys! @LucyHale #RockinEve ! So you don’t have to be alone I will share it with you guys!

The camera switches to the Ball Drop tower as Ryan Seacrest does a voiceover.

Ryan Seacrest: We are gearing up! Just about 40 seconds left to the New Year! The ball is nearly 12,000 pounds, 472 feet above the street. We are at 32 seconds until we say Happy New Year. Get ready to count!...

Ryan Seacrest: 25 seconds! 100 people in Times Square, millions watching on! Here we go!...

Ryan Seacrest: 15!

Camera switches between shots of Ryan Seacrest and Dua Lipa counting down and the Ball slowly dropping.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Tenor

Everyone: 10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

As the ball arrives down, confetti explodes all over Times Square as the audience erupts in screams. "Auld Lang Syne" begins to play. The camera switches between shots of various couples kissing on the streets. Lucy Hale kisses the camera.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 D75d6c1c-ba01-4728-b0b1-1363e52b869d-AP20001193908832
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 AFP_JI8WT-1
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 3d84b3_fireworks-exploded-overhead-couples-kissed-as-revelers-welcomed-new-year-640x43841050937PM

Billie & Dua hug each other, as Ryan & Florence embrace as well. Everyone is hugging and smiling.

Ryan Seacrest: And another New Years' Eve countdown. It never gets old! There is no way to describe the feeling in the air! Sing it, everybody!

Dua, Florence, Billie & Ryan all join in singing Frank Sinatra’s "New York, New York" which is blaring over Times Square’s speakers.

The camera continues switching between shots of confetti flowing among the street audience, and the singers & Ryan on the platform. Eventually, Ryan pulls out his phone to take a selfie with Dua Lipa, Florence Welch, and Billie Eilish.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 921f0c50-00a7-48d8-851d-f2c854f64434-AP20001193158984
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 NYRE_1920x1080

Ryan Seacrest: And that’s it for us this year! Thank you for tuning in! May your 2021 be just as magical as it is here tonight in Times Square! Good night everyone!

The camera zooms out from the platform. Dua and Billie are visible on the side chatting, laughing and waving hands to the audience down below. The final shots of the program are a zoom out of Times Square.
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2021 Times-square-ball-drop-new-years-eve-2018-billboard-1548-compressed

The program is finished.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum