Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
jackgrande
jackgrande

CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:32 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 Late_s12

Interview + Performance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (US)
August 4th, 2020
Tier 2

Colbert: Since we last had our final guest on the show, we’ve seen him sky rocket to world wide fame. It’s my pleasure to welcome back Shawn Mendes!

The band plays ‘MY MY MY!’ as Shawn walks out, he shakes Stephens hand to greet him and waves at the crowd as they cheer.

Shawn: Hey everyone, so glad to be back!

Colbert: We are glad to have you back! It’s been almost two months since the world first heard your debut single ‘MY MY MY!’, how has it been for you?

Shawn: Well it’s been amazing to say the least, I can’t believe it’s gone so quickly! I couldn’t be more happy with all the success. I really have this show to partly thank, my performance seemed to connect with people.

Colbert: It was an amazing performance, and you’re treating us to another one later right?

Shawn: Yes! It will be a little different from last time but I can’t wait.

Colbert: You also killed it on American Idol over the weekend, I loved the staging! Very fitting for summer.

Shawn: Thank you! I thought since a lot of the visuals I’ve been putting out are pretty black and white I’d switch it up. It’s a hint into what the album feels like to me.

Colbert: Any word on when we’re getting more music?

Shawn: Not just yet, but expect some announcements and maybe a promo single sometime soon. I’m always dropping snippets on my Instagram story!

Colbert: Closing the show for us, welcome back Shawn Mendes performing ‘MY MY MY!’

Shawn goes for a more simple performance, singing a slowed and reverbed version of the song. He is sat alone on a stool in the centre of the stage, throughout the performance deep purple and blue lights and lasers are cast over him to add to the moody and luscious feel of the performance.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:48 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 SgEyLAK

AUGUST 4
(US) Z100 NY

Paid Promotion
5/8

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 1027_k11

Interview at KIIS FM (US)
August 6th, 2020
Tier 4

Shawn on collaborating with Calvin Klein

It is really such an honour, they are such an iconic brand and I look up to a lot of the people they’ve worked with in the past. I love the ethos of the brand and the stuff we’ve been working on is great, you’re gonna love it. I can’t wait for you to see it!

Shawn on his smash hit ‘MY MY MY!’

It is so exciting to have a song of yours pop off like that, especially when it’s your debut single. The song has created a whole different type of meaning to me now because of it, I have all these new memories attached to the song. It’s only been two months but because it’s done well enough for me to be able to travel the country promoting and meeting my fans, I feel like I’ve learnt a lot about the industry already. I still feel so new to it all, but at the same time it feels like I’ve been doing this my whole life already.

Shawn on the success of his single

Every week my manager sends me a text with all the streams, chart positions, all that shit. I always make sure to pass it on to everyone I wrote the song with and of course my producer, it is their song as much as it is mine. We will definitely have a party to celebrate all the success soon. Numbers don’t motivate me but if I’m having a down day or you see someone criticise you, seeing that and knowing my fans are still there supporting me and the music motivates me to keep going!

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 pm

AUGUST 5
(US) JAMES CORDEN [I+P]

Paid Promotion
6/8

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:11 pm

AUGUST 6
(US) TREVOR NOAH [I+P]

Paid Promotion
7/8

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:20 pm

AUGUST 7
(US) THE VIEW [I+P]

Paid Promotion
8/8

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 Watch_11

Interview + Performance on WWHL (US)
August 6th, 2020
Tier 3

Andy: On our panel today we have now superstar and Calvin Klein poster boy Shawn Mendes, welcome back to the show!

Shawn: Hi! How are you?

Andy: I’m great but more importantly how are you? Your career has sky rocketed since you were last on the show.

Shawn: Thank you! It hasn’t even been long since I was last here but it has been crazy, yeah. I have to thank every one, including you guys, for all the support. I can’t tell you how much it means to me!

Andy: And as if the world hasn’t fallen in love with you enough, we just got the news the world has been waiting for. You’re the new face of Calvin Klein!

Shawn: Yes! I am so nervous I have to say, but I can’t wait to get to work. I hope I bring something new and exciting whilst also keeping it classically Calvin. I’ve been a fan and consumer of the brand for as long as I can remember, so it’s a real honour. I can only hope I do it justice! You’ll be seeing some shots from the photoshoot in the near future.

Andy: We can’t wait! But you know what we also can’t wait for? New music! When is it coming?

Shawn: Well I just dropped a remix to the single on Friday, and I will be giving my fans some more teasers and snippets soon. If I could release the new single, or even the album, tomorrow I would but the label’s gotta make that money *laughs*

Andy: Here to close out the show with a special performance for us, Shawn Mendes!

The camera pans to Shawn who is stood in dark lighting with his band and backing singers, the camera slowly getting closer and zooming in on his face before reaching the chorus. It zooms into his eye then quickly zooms back out as the chorus hits to reveal the stage brightly lit and his backing singers dancing. Shawn walks around the studio as he sings the rest of the song, playfully interacting with the bar man and taking a drink and then making it back to the stage to finish the rest of the performance.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Last edited by jackgrande on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:50 pm
Victoria Monet x Danilo Gentili
LA Paid Promo
Victoria stops by Danilo Gentili to perform her hit single Sticky and to discuss her new mixtape coming in the next few weeks.
Victoria on her new mixtape
The mixtape should be up for pre-order as we speak but I am going to keep most information about the album under really tight wraps until it finally actually releases so that it can be a surprise for everyone. Scratch that actually, I won’t be keeping under tight wraps forever, I plan on doing a livestream right before the album releases and spilling some tea about it! I don’t have it all planned though so just bear with me! The songs on this record were songs that I wrote when I was mainly a songwriter for other artists but we finally brought them to light in this mixtape. That’s why this mixtape is going to be a collection of my past self and who I am today. It’s not going to be super cohesive but instead, a showcase of my abilities if that makes sense. I think that there will be something for everyone on this mixtape and I hope people see what i was going for and appreciate it!
*cuts to commercial*
Interviewer: Now, to perform the top 5 hit single Sticky, give it up for the AMAZING Victoria Monet!!!
The audience cheers as the camera pans through them before going to Victoria who stands in the middle of the stage alone. She begins the performance acoustically before the chorus and then, her dancers come in during a pause in the performance. The lights go off and then suddenly, they come back on with the roaring production and Victoria doing the signature sticky choreography with her dancers. She follows this same pattern for the rest of the performance before finishing the performance off by blowing a kiss.
Sticky and its remix are out now on iTunes and Flux! Don’t forget to watch the MV as well.

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria Monet x Conversa com Bial
LA Paid Promo
Victoria goes onto Conversa com Bial to discuss her new mixtape, new artists being signed to Starlight Records and to perform her hit single Sticky
Victoria on New Label Mates: Red Velvet
I’m so excited to introduce Red Velvet to Starlight Records. They’re new artists who were originally signed to SM entertainment but are moving to Starlight Records starting in August! I haven’t had the opportunity to meet them but I plan on going back to South Korea in a couple of weeks for promo and to help establish the SK branch of the company so Ill be meeting them then!
Victoria Monet on her Mixtape dropping august 28th, 2020
I’m so excited to release the mixtape. It’s going to be my first album-like release as I’ve only released songs. I’ve always imagined how this moment is going to feel, seeing artists who I’m working with stress about their album release and doubting the album they made, fearing it won’t be enough etc etc. Since then, I’ve wanted this moment so I’m so excited for this to happen!
*The show cuts to commercial before coming back to cue to Victoria’s Performance*
Interviewer: And now, to perform her hit single which reached the top 5 of every major music market, give it up for Victoria Monet with STICKY!
The crowd cheers intensely as the camera is right in front of Victoria. She slowly walks towards the camera as the camera moves backwards singing the first verse of the song. Then, she pushes the camera for the chorus and it turns around to show her dancers doing the iconic sticky choreography while Victoria sings off camera. They repeat the same thing for the rest of the song before finally standing together at the end of the song. Victoria thanks the audience and leaves the stage.
Sticky, Sticky Remix, and the Sticky MV are all out now on Flux, don’t forget to also buy on iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria Monet x Susana Giménez
LA Paid Promo
Victoria Monet drops by Susana Giménez to perform her hit single Sticky and to have a quick interview as well.
Susana: Now, to perform her hit single Sticky which has a peak of #4 here in LA, give it up for the incredibly talented and humble Victoria Monet!
The audience roars at the announcement of Victoria’s performance. The performance begins with Victoria standing alone in the middle of the stage with just one faint light illuminating her. She begins the performance acoustic and does not move for the intro and the first verse of the song, only looking ahead of her the entire time even as the camera pans fully around her. Then, two spotlights beside her open up for dancers to appear and they aid Victoria in hyping up the stage in the 2nd verse. Finally, for the 2nd chorus, all the lights go on and the production fully kicks in while Victoria is doing the sticky choreography with her dancers. Cheers are heard from the audience. They continue the save movements for the rest of the performance. Victoria blows a kiss to the audience and thanks them for having her.
Susana: Sticky out now on iTunes AND Flux! Don’t forget to watch the music video and stream the remix as well! Victoria will be here for a quick interview after this break!
*interview portion*
Victoria on getting critique
Critique is something that definitely scares me because of how ruthless people can be when reviewing things but I try my best to not think about it because if you do, before you know you’ll be questioning every decision you make while writing, producing singing etc etc. I pray to god critiques like it but if they don’t I have the security of knowing I love it!

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 EcgdqhHWAAMQdsL?format=jpg&name=medium

Dua Lipa x Graham Norton Show
[July 31 | Paid | UK | 1/8]

Interview:

"Don't Start Now", available now.

Venti and jackgrande like this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria Monet x Kelly and Ryan
US Paid Promo
Victoria Monet goes onto Live with Kelly and Ryan to perform her hit single Sticky and for a quick interview as well.
Kelly: Now, to perform her #1 SMASH debut hit single, give it up for THE Victoria Monet!
The croud erupts in applause as the camera pans around them before finally resting facing the audience. Victoria stands at the back of the room and slowly makes her way to the front while singing the first verse of the song. As she walks, dancers begin to get up from the audience when she calls for them and they also slowly follow her as she makes her way to the front. They then pass her and wait at the stage while Victoria continually slowly walks there. Finally, for the chorus, she makes it to them just in time to begin doing the iconic sticky choreography while the backing track plays the song. The synchronized choreography pours into the second verse but Victoria sings while she is doing the choreography. Then, for the second chorus, she breaks from the choreography and stands in the front of the stage focusing on her vocals instead of dancing. She goes back to dance for the bridge and the final chorus to end the performance.
Kelly: Stick is out now on iTunes and Flux, Victoria will be in the studio for a quick interview shortly!
*interview portion*
Victoria on Sticky
I love the song so much! I knew it was not the conventional lead single option but after I wrote up the lyrics and recorded the song I immediately fell in love with it. It felt so me! I also think it was a good single choice because it separated me from the sea of RnB artists these days and differentiated me because its something that many haven’t heard before. Its RnB but it feels fresh which is why I really wanted to release it. I didn’t expect it to do amazing but I didn’t care because I didn’t have any expectations chart wise. Now, a month and a half later, the song hit #1 and seems to be well-liked by the general public which is just so amazing! I’m so happy that I could release a song I enjoyed while still galvanizing support!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria Monet x Samantha Bee
US Paid Promo
Victoria Monet drops by Samantha Bee to perform her hit single Sticky and to discuss her new mixtape.
PERFORMANCE
Samantha: Now, to perform her hit #1 platinum single Sticky, give it up for THE Victoria Monet!
The croud erupts in cheers as Samantha introduces Victoria. The camera slowly pans from Samantha holding The Sticky Vinyls to the stage behind her where Victoria lies with her dancers. The performance begins with an acoustic cover of the song for the intro and the first verse and chorus but then, the song takes a sudden change and the production kicks in and Victoria and her dancers do a small dance number in the second verse to hype up the crowd. They begin moving around the entire stage in high energy to contrast the slow sultry and sensual beginning to the performance. The second chorus hits and Victoria does the iconic sticky choreography while continuing to sing with her mic headset. Then, the bridge goes back to the slow sultry side before Victoria belts the first line of the final chorus to bring back the high energy. After the chorus finishes, the last line keeps getting repeated while Victoria is dancing with her dancers. This continues until the song cuts to commercial right at the end of the performance.
INTERVIEW PORTION
Victoria on her mixtape
I’m so excited to drop the mixtape but I also have other goodies that I will be releasing on the release day. I plan on also releasing a remixes EP for the single that will be coming with the album and I plan on releasing more merchandise for y’all to buy since I know y’all love it so much. Additionally, I have a lot of shows planned for that week so I hope y’all will tune in. This is the second month of my sponsorship with Double Bubble and I’m also beyond excited to drop the next commercial as well!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:51 pm
Victoria x Elle Song Association
US Paid Promo
Victoria comes back to Elle to do yet another episode of Song Association with them.
“Thanks for having me again! I had such a blast last time and I’m excited to do it again!” The first word that is given is “emotion”. Victoria immediately begins singing Mariah Carey’s emotion while laughing. She talks about how Mariah was one of her inspirations and how she still always listens to her music in awe of everything she was able to accomplish. The next word is “time” which Victoria was unable to think of a word for. “I feel so stupid right now. Literally 40% of songs have the word time in it!” she exclaims while slapping her forehead and laughing with her friends/producers/staff who are just outside of the frame. The next word is “tonight” which Victoria pauses for a little before singing “tonight, stay tonight” and humming the melody to an unreleased song. She exclaims and tries to take it back realizing she sang lyrics to her label mate Chung Ha’s supposed lead single. She says “Uhh can we rewind that one??” while laughing and apologizing to her label and Chung Ha in the video. A couple more words go by before finally reaching the final word for today’s challenge. The word is “Do”. Victoria looks at her manager out of the frame with a quick smile before beginning to sing “Ooh, ooh That's just what I do, do, do And that's just how we do it, do it, do it”. After singing that she stops herself and says “that’s Do It which will be released alongside my mixtape. Y’all just got a sneak peek but my manager is looking real mad in the back so let me stop haha”. After that, we see Victoria’s score for this game was 13/15 beating her previous score of 8/15. She celebrates and ends the video off by thanking them for having her and to remind her fans to stream Sticky and pre-save her mixtape coming August 28th!

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Dua Lipa x The Greatest Dancer
[August 1 | Paid | UK | 2/8]

Performance:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 pm

Dua Lipa x KACZ 96.3 FM
[August 2 | Free Radio | Call-In | US | 3/8]

Interview:

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Victoria Monet x WHTZ - FM
US Free Article
Victoria Monet stops by WHTZ-FM to discuss her new mixtape and her era in general.
Interviewer: We have Victoria Monet on the show today! How are you Victoria?
Victoria: I’m doing good! It’s been a great couple of months actually!
Interviewer: These past few weeks in specific must have been amazing for you! You went from a new artist to a #1 single superstar! How do you feel about that?
Victoria: It feels amazing! I never thought in my wildest dreams would I ever even be close to hitting #1. It was never even a goal of mine, that’s how confident I was that it wouldn’t happen. Then, sticky debut top 15, and was top 20 since its release and every single week made me feel better and better. Then, you can imagine my surprise when I SHOOT up to #1. It was the best feeling in the world. I don’t want to make my career dictated by charts or anything, but I won’t pretend like chart achievements don’t make me happy!
Interviewer: I imagine so, speaking of chart achievements though, we hear you also have a new mixtape that is to be released soon too!
Victoria: I do, and it is already on pre-order as well! I’m so excited and proud to release my first full length project and I hope that my fans will be pleased with the result! It showcases so many different sides of my music making ability so I hope that everyone will be able to find something they like!
Interviewer: I hope so as well! That’s all the time we have for today though, reminder to pre-order Victoria Monet’s new mixtape out the 28th and to stream Sticky and purchase it on iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:56 pm
Victoria Monet's Mixtape Dropping August 28th is Officially Put on Pre-order

On Friday, July 31st at 12:00 am, Victoria Monet puts her Mixtape on pre-order with the following information available.
Artist: Victoria Monet
Genre: R&B
Track Length: 10
Track 1 is shown to be sticky while every other track is still unknown. The cover of the album is also blurred out so one cannot see it.
despy
despy

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 pm
Dua Lipa updates her socials

CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 EexpbzcWsAAPVnI?format=jpg&name=small
CAL: Season 1 - Page 23 EexpdYoWoAE3ERz?format=jpg&name=small

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 pm