Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
Jonnyy
Jonnyy

CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:02 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 VVv9jyn

Virgin Records Signs Miami Duo "City Girls"

CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 Https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fcity-girls-the-series-episode-1-documentary-1

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LOS ANGELES, CA, Aug. 13. 2020 --- Girl groups are special and rare. When things work out, it is beautiful. However, when things go wrong it can be all bad. Virgin Records have ended their search for the next big thing in rap music. The City Girls are a duo comprised of J.T. and Yung Miami, who met eight years ago in Miami, Florida. The ladies rise has been relatively quick, but when it is hot it is undeniable. The mentioned group have gone viral on social media platforms with explosive raps about feminine empowerment for months now, which especially caught Virgin's attention.

The City Girls have reached another milestone in their short careers, as they recently celebrated signing the mentioned big deal with Virgin Records. Jonny Braun of Virgin Records posted this caption with a video of the girls signing the contracts in the legendary Virgin Records skyscraper building in downtown Los Angeles, California,

“I Never Announce Typical Deals But I Wanted To Show This One Off Cause Now They Got More Money Than The People Who Hate On Them @citygirls #ChaseYourDreams @VirginRecords”.

New music from the fresh signees is on it's way sooner than most expect.

Venti and despy like this post

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 U8StcR6
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 XvBJl0f

Vogue Magazine 1/8
Friday, August 7, 2020
USA, 440

FLORENCE ON GOING NUMBER ONE

It’s so weird to me. Like I, Florence, not only have a multi week number one in the United Kingdom, but I also have a number one in the United States of all places. I am so happy that the audience has taken so well to the music. That is literally all that I ask for. For my music is travel the world on penetrate people’s ears and have people think about it. The feeling is literally indescribable. I just want to say a huge thank you to the listeners and an even bigger I love you!

FLORENCE ON WHAT IS NEXT
By the time this magazine is out, Ill actually be on my way to Germany to start the promotion of the song Only If For A Night. But I can assure you that the next single will be out before the end of the month. I cannot wait for you all to hear it. It is a more upbeat song than Only If For A Night, but we will still be dancing to both songs haha. There is also an album in the works and that is projected to be out around October. There’s also a lot of surprised for the fans leading up to it, so I can’t wait! That’s for sure!

FLORENCE ON FASHION
Fashion means a lot to me! I mean, look at the way I dress haha. Its not that I want to be different, I just think that the way I think and see the word can be unconventional. So when fashion is discussed, I do tend to branch out and be the outlier. I mean, I personally don’t feel like I need to pound my face in makeup and I rarely even use makeup. I think my fashion is something that is unique to me and very identifiable.

CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 PqVMkOX

https://i.imgur.com/XvBJl0f.png

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:14 pm
Das Supersar 2/8
Saturday, August 8, 2020
EU (GER), 250

FLORENCE PERFORMING ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT

As the music starts, the stage shows a single spotlight. Under that spotlight is Florence herself. She starts with the first verse and her arms are extended in a beautiful fashion. When the pre-chorus begins, she leaps in the air and the crowd starts cheering. When the chorus begins and the first “Only If For A Night” is sung, the crowd also yells it out. Florence is obviously taken by surprise by this and feeds off of the energy of the audience. When the second verse starts, Florence is singing with a lot of compassion but in a sensual way. The pre-chorus begins and the lights cut off until the actual chorus starts. The crowd then sings “Only If For A Night” with Florence again and she is convicted to go down to the audience and sing and dance with them. By the time the last chorus comes up, Florence is back on the stage dancing. The music ends and the host remind everyone to buy and stream Florence’s hit song, Only If For A Night.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:15 pm
NOVA 91.4 FM 3/8
Sunday, August 9, 2020
EU (DEN), 70

Host
: Hej alle sammen, vores næste gæst er enorm i United Kingdom og i United States of America og kommer nu til Danmark for at tale med os. Ikke kun har hun et nummer et i De Forenede Stater, men hun har også en multi uge nummer et i Storbritannien. Her for at reklamere for hendes hit single, Only If For A Night, Alle, dets Florence!

FLORENCE ON DAS SUPERSTAR
That show was so much fun. I had not come to Europe to promote the song yet, but I knew that it was doing well here, which came to me as a surprise. But I did not expect everyone to sing along and dance with me. And when the crowd yelled out “Only If For A Night” that first time. When I tell you that was probably the most shocked I have ever been on state, that is a fact! Haha. But I loved it, and they did too. I can’t wait to go back!

FLORENCE ON THE DUA LIPA REMIX
That remix was so much fun to do. Dua really knew what she was doing when we sent her the track to sing over. She is kind of the queen of the club scene, and that type of music, which I absolutely adore. So when I got the cut back, my jaw was on the floor. I was like “Wow, I didn’t know this song could do that but I am so happy that it did” and a lot of that thanks has to go to Dua Lipa.

FLORNENCE ON ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
You know, the song came to me as a dream. And the music video actually tells the story accurately. The music video took more than a week to shoot and then when it was done, they had to edit it to perfection. It was a lot but I loved the way it turned out.

Host
: Tak så meget, Florence. Det er al den tid, vi har i dag. Glem ikke at købe og streame Florence’s førende single "Only If For A Night" ud overalt nu.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:15 pm
Energy 104.2 4/8
Monday, August 10, 2020
EU (AUS), 70

Host
: Willkommen zurück, unser nächster Gast ist jemand, den wir alle vor zwei Nächten gern gesehen haben. Sie brachte das Haus buchstäblich mit ihrer Hit-Single "Only If For A Night" zum Einsturz. Und hier, um heute mit uns auf Energy 104.2 zu chatten, hier ist das großartige Florenz!

FLORENCE ON DAS SUPERSTAR
That show was so much fun! To know that the audience loved it but also the people watching at home loved it as well, that really does make my heart melt! Thank you so much guys. Like, I am about to start crying because at first my label was sort of against coming to Europe and not because they didn’t want to, it was more of a cost thing. But we finally said, we should and we did and it has been such an amazing experience so far. And I know it will continue to be.

FLORNECE ON ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
The song started as a dream. The thing that was so weird about the dream was that my grandmother was there. But the thing is that I had never met her a day in my life, you see, she died before I was born. But in the dream, I could see her, touch her, talk to her, she talked back, I ever smelled her. Everything was so real; I could not believe how real everything was… and it was only a dream. So when we needed to make a music video for the song, it was kind of obvious as to how the music video would go. We wanted it to be very similar to the dream that I had. So Vincent Haycock took on the mission and we did it together. I just really love how the entire thing came out. I was crying for days haha.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:16 pm
Café Plus 5/8
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
EU (AUS), 143

Host
: Welcome back everyone, our next guest is someone we all know and love. Here in Austria, please help me welcome Florence!

FLORENCE ON ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
The song actually came from a dream. The subject of the dream isn’t the most bizarre thing but I think the reason why I think it was so important was because of who was in my dream. In my dream it is my grandmother who is there but the bizarre thing is that I have never met her in real life. You see, she passed away before I was born and never got to see or talk to her. I mean, yes, I have seen pictures of her and have heard stories but that is it when it comes to knowing her. So when I saw her in my dreams, I was so surprised. You can imagine as soon as I woke up I had to go to my journal and jot some stuff down. Which became the song.

FLORENCE ON HER WRITING STYLE
I do not think that my writing style is anything super spectacular. Its simply just when I see something or notice something that is worthy to be written down, I will do so. If it really speaks to me, I may make it into a song or something. That has happened quite a few times. And then I will have a verse, a chorus, a second verse, and a bridge and woah, I have an entire song haha. Its really amazing how that all works out but it does and they do become some great songs if I do say so myself haha.

Host: Thank you so much Florence. When we get back, Florence performs her hit single, Only If For A Night! You do not want to miss out on that!

FLORENCE PERFORMS ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
As the camera pans over Florence, her band can be seen in the background. When the music starts, the camera then goes back to center on Florence. She is in a light blue airy dress. As she is singing, her eyes are closed and she is moving her hands methodically. When the chorus begins, Florence begins to dance and ruffles her dress as she is dancing. When the bridge comes, Florence does a series of dance moves and leaps in the air. When this happens, the audience is cheering on her. When the song ends, Florence is back in the middle of the stage and gives a bow.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:17 pm
Inas Nacht 6/8
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
EU (AUS) 130

Host
: Welcome back everyone, our next guest is from overseas but she stops by to have a chat with us. Hailing all the way from the United Kingdom but having a top ten hit song in the United Kingdom, the United States, Latin America, South Korea, and here in Europe. Please welcome, Florence!

FLORENCE ON HER BAND

You know, they really do not get all the credit they deserve and sometimes I feel like that is my fault. I literally could not do what I do if they were not at my back playing as beautifully as they do. I am so glad that they travel with me promoting my music. They are even in the studio recording most of the songs. We at one point wanted to incorporate the band into the stage name. It would have been something like, Florence and the Machine, but they did not want to be highlighted in that way, so we just decided to go with Florence. They really are amazing people!

FLORENCE ON OTHER MUSIC
I truthfully do not have all the time in the world to listen to a lot of music so honestly, right now if you asked me about someone’s song, I would only know it if I really really do enjoy their music. I think that Don’t Start Now is an amazing song and I kid you not, I probably listen to that song once every day because of how infectiously amazing that song is. The hook alone just makes me want to dance barefoot around my room. And she really is like the nicest person ever. I love her!

Host
: Well thank you so much for that Florence. Everyone, don’t forget to buy Only if For A Night on iTunes and stream it on Flux streaming service. Thank you and goodbye!

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:17 pm
The Voice Germany 7/8
Thursday, August 13, 2020
EU (GER), 350

FLORENCE PERFORMING ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
As the song starts, a single spotlight is shone onto Florence, she is on her knees looking to the sky. As she finished up the first verse, she gets onto her feet and starts dancing while singing the pre-chorus and later goes to the chorus where she leaps and dances across the stage. When the last “Only If For A Night” occurs during the chorus, Florence pauses in a pose. Then when the second verse begins, she continues to move about the stage. As she is walking around the stage and working the audience that audience is cheering and singing along with her. When the bridge comes, Florence puts the mic on the stand and then does a series of explosive dance moves. Leaping into the air as her dress and hair scatter around her. When the last chorus comes, Florence is singing with a lot of passion standing in place while singing. At the end, the audience and judges give Florence a standing ovation.

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:24 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 DTCP58q

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:27 pm
Style Magazine 8/8
Thursday, August 13, 2020
USA, FREE

FLORENCE ON HERSELF

I think I just love anything that is sort of an odd ball. I don’t know why; I have just always been like that. I mean, I don’t necessarily consider myself as an odd ball, but I mean, when you hear some of the stuff that is on the radio or streaming platforms and then hear my music, it is very different. I think that there is a huge contrast and I like that there is a huge contrast. I think it makes me different and it helps me stick out. I don’t think that a lot of music should be a one size fits all type mentality. So, when Only If For A Night did as well as it did, I was so surprised because I made it for myself.

FLORENCE ON HER BAND
Everyone on the band is so talented. They agreed to follow me, literally around the world playing music and you have no idea how grateful I am for that. They really are an amazing band and do everything so well. I wish that shows would give me enough time to play my song and introduce the band, but whenever I get the chance to shout them out, I definitely do so. I think it is needed and very much deserved. That’s for sure!

FLORENCE ON WHAT IS NEXT
There really is a lot that is about to happen in the next couple of months. I have a few features that I get the privilege of being on. The second single is coming up very soon and I think that a lot of people are going to equally like it and say… “Woah, so there is more to Florence” haha. It isn’t the same as Only If For A Night but definitely you will be able to tell this is a Florence song.

dan
dan

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:23 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 SgEyLAK

AUGUST 7
(US) 93.7 FM Houston, TX

Free Promotion
1/8

open me bitch!:

dan
dan

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:30 pm

AUGUST 7
(US) 97.9 FM Houston, TX

Free Promotion
2/8

open me bitch!:

dan
dan

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:41 pm

AUGUST 12
(US) Jimmy Fallon

Paid Promotion
6/8

open me bitch!:

dan
dan

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 pm

AUGUST 13
(US) WWHL [I+P]

Paid Promotion
7/8

open me bitch!:

Last edited by dan on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

dan
dan

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 pm

AUGUST 11
(US) Vanity Fair Magazine

CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 I6FqzDA

Paid Promotion
8/8

open me bitch!:

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 25 EcgdqhHWAAMQdsL?format=jpg&name=medium

Dua Lipa x Ocean FM
[August 7 | 1st Free Radio | Call-In | UK | 1/8]

Interview:

"Don't Start Now", available now.

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Dua Lipa x WYYY 94 FM
[August 8 | 2nd Free Radio | New York, US | 2/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Dua Lipa x WWWM FM 105.5 Star 105
[August 9 | 3rd Free Radio | Ohio, US | 3/8]

Interview:

Venti and dweebz like this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Dua Lipa x KZIA Z102.9
[August 10 | 4th Free Radio | Iowa, US | 4/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Dua Lipa x KKPL 99.9 FM The Point
[August 11 | 5th Free Radio | Wyoming, US | 5/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Dua Lipa x Song Association (Elle)
[August 12 | Paid Internet Promo | US | 6/8]

Game:

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Dua Lipa x KWYL Wild 102.9
[August 12 | 6th Free Radio | Nevada, US | 7/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Dua Lipa x The Talk
[August 13 | Paid | California, US | 8/8]

Interview:

Venti and beysus like this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Victoria Monet x MusicBank
KOR Paid
Friday, August 7th
Victoria begins the performance in the middle of the stage. She is wearing a navy blue silk pantsuit while the dancers surrounding her in a circle are wearing matching navy blue outfits as well. When she moves the entire circle formation or dancers moves with her. For the intro of the song she stands completely still with the spotlight shining on her. Then, for the first verse all the lights go on and the dancers break the formation and begin dancing. Victoria moves to the left while the dancers move to the right and they do the iconic sticky choreography on each side of the stage. They repeat similar formations for the second and third act of the song. They finish together in the middle of the stage posing. She blows a kiss to the audience and thanks them for having her. The interviewer reminds them that sticky is out now alongside its remix on iTunes and flux.

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:02 pm
Victoria Monet x Knowing Bros
KOR Paid
Saturday, August 8th
Victoria Monet drops by the Knowing Bros for their iconic video interviews and to perform an acoustic version of sticky with the set as well.
The video starts with the interviewers doing the intro to the show which consists of them bantering amongst themselves and joking around before proceeding to introduce the star for that episode. They finally introduce Victoria as she walks out into the set smiling and waving at each of them. She reintroduces herself and they discuss changes that have occurred since the last time she was on the show. Namely, the monster success of her song Sticky which was a MUCH smaller hit the last time she was on the show vs how it is now.
Victoria on the success of Sticky
I really did not expect the song to do that well! I didn’t have any specific expectations but I had a small hope of just charting on the hot 100. THus, you can imagine my SHOCK and dismay when I hit #1 in lots of countries around the world and top 3 in many others like here in South Korea. I don’t remember exactly where Sticky was last time I was on the show but it's definitely a lot lower than it is now! It feels good to know so many people enjoy the music I am putting out!
The show cuts to commercial before Victoria comes back now sitting with the interviewers to perform an acoustic version of sticky. It isn’t a super serious performance but rather one where she laughs with the hosts while she sings the song.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum