Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
Venti
Venti
Admin
https://loonycal.forumotion.com

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:45 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 32037
August 27th | US | Paid Promo | 7th Normani Article
Performance + Interview:
Do It is out now

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Victoria Monet x KIIS - FM
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 Interview (US PAID Article)
Victoria Monet drops by KIIS-FM for an interview discussing her album and the singles.
Victoria Monet on Do It
It was such a spontaneous collab. I met Normani through mutual friends and we grew close but we never had ‘make music’ on the agenda. Like we would hang out but we always kept the business or work side of things separated. However, one day I reached sort of a wall for the album and I needed new inspiration for some songs. So I called up Normani and we just messed around and ended up creating demos for a couple of songs. We later completely finished two of them that are now on the album! I’m really proud of what we made and I think it made us bond and made us closer to one another. So, don’t be surprised if we have more collabs coming haha!
Victoria on other collaborations on After The Storm
The largest other collaborator I worked with was definitely Steve Lacy. He’s such a genius when it comes to music! The first songs we made were sticky and all night and so, after that, I knew I needed him along for the ride for the rest of the album! He also helped me connect with other producers who worked alongside him for some of the other songs. On top of that, he even got me to help produce a song! I’ve never once done this before but he made it seem so easy which I think just speaks to his amazing talents! I also collabed with Tyler, The Creator which is someone else who is just a lyrical and producing genius! I really wanted all the collabs on this album to be with people I admired and I think I got that!
Do It, Sticky, and After The Storm are all out now on iTunes and Flux!

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:24 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Ke1Prg5

Bruno Mars on Big Boy's Neighborhood
August 25th | US | Free Radio Promo
5th article for week of August 21st
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 BigBoy-Profile

Interview:

Last edited by beysus on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Venti likes this post

Truffle
Truffle

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:29 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 WnMI6q6

Nicki Minaj on DasSuper Talent
August 22nd, 2020 (Tier 2, GER)

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 OxnB4UA

Performance::

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:34 pm
Victoria Monet x Ellen Degeneres
Monday, August 24th Interview + Performance (Tier 2 Pre-recorded)
On the 24th, Victoria drops by The Ellen Degeneres show to discuss her debut studio album and to perform that album’s lead single!
Ellen, while holding the ATS vinyl, announces Victoria to the stage to perform her debut hit single titled ‘Sticky’. The camera slowly pans from Ellen over to the crowd as it makes its way to the screen behind that is slowly opening to show Victoria standing with a mic on a mic stand. For this performance, Victoria decides to perform an acoustic version of Sticky with a band behind her. She holds onto the mic stand and sings in one spot for the first half of the performance. She moves her hands around while she sings for emphasis. She is wearing an oversized jean jacket and baggy pants with heels for this performance. Once the first chorus finishes, she takes the mic off the stand and begins to walk around the stage slowly vibing to the music. For the bridge, she moves to the back and engages with the band before going back to the front to finish the performance while belting.
*the show cuts to commercial before Ellen welcomes Victoria back to the show for a quick interview*
Victoria on her favourite part of making a song
I would say I am the best at writing lyrics and that it comes to me easiest. But I feel like the most fun part of a song would probably be the vocal aspect. Not just in the recording booth but also humming different melodies to see the one that fits the lyrics the most or vice versa. I also didn’t feel like I was on any sort of time-crunch so I was very calm while writing the songs on the album!

Venti likes this post

Truffle
Truffle

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Nicki Minaj on Ellen
August 24th, 2020 (Tier 2, US)

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 1024px-Ellen.svg

Performance + Interview:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:39 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 1200px25

Interview on BBC Radio 2 (UK)
August 25th, 2020
Tier 4

Host: Here in the studio today for the first time on BBC Radio 2 we have Shawn Mendes, welcome!

Shawn: Hi how are you? Thanks for having me!

Host: Very well thank you! Everyone in the UK has loved having you on our tv screens this week so far!

Shawn: I feel like I live in the BBC studios now, can I just sleep here tonight? There’s no need for me to go home *laughs* I love spending time here in the UK, I’m actually going to visit some family over here tomorrow before I fly back to the States again.

Host: I’m sure spending time with family is a rarity these days with your packed schedule, how do you find the time to rest?

Shawn: You know usually I don’t have much time to rest at all, the past 3 months have been so fun but so intense! But when I do, this doesn’t sound like rest but I love to work out and exercise. It’s when I get out all my anxieties and frustrations. I think when this album cycle is over I’m gonna have a month long vacation on a tropical island somewhere *laughs*

Host: Your hit ‘My My My!’ has been added to the A-List on our Radio 2 playlist, and we all love it.  What inspired the song?

Shawn: I’ve told this story before but I was inspired to write the song after a night out with some friends, and it happened to be at the club I met my ex girlfriend in. It brought back all the memories of when we first met, so I wanted to write about the start of a relationship.

Host: Well now playing on Radio 2, its ‘My My My!’ by Shawn Mendes!

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti likes this post

Truffle
Truffle

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Nicki Minaj for Variety Magazine
August 27th, 2020 (FREE, US)

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 KzEuOFL

EXCERPT ON UPCOMING FEMALE RAPPERS::

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:58 pm
Victoria Monet x Wendy Williams
Wednesday, August 26th 2020 Interview + Performance (Tier 2 US PROMO)
On the 27th, as a part of her promotional run for her debut album, Victoria Monet drops by the Wendy Williams show to perform her hit debut single Sticky and to have a quick interview discussing the making of her album.
The camera starts on Wendy who is introducing Victoria who is already standing on the stage behind her. The camera then pans away from Wendy towards Victoria as the audience is immensely roaring. Victoria waves at the audience before getting into position with her dancers. Her dancers are with her for the entirety of this performance. She begins the performance with small simple dance numbers as she holds the mic in her hand. However, for the choruses she decides on focusing on just her dancing instead of singing as well. As a result, she hands the mic to one of her dancers for the chorus so that she can dance while the backing track can play. She repeats this pattern for the rest of the performance. Wendy comes onto the stage and hugs her before reminding the audience that After The Storm is out now alongside Sticky and Do It!
*the show cuts to commercial before Wendy welcomes Victoria to the set to have a quick interview*
Victoria on her success
It’s been so confusing and shocking for me to be honest! Just now I got a call from my manager telling me that my album is expected to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200! I don’t know what I had to have done to get such good karma but I won’t complain! I’m so happy that people actually care to listen to my music and to purchase it as well! It warms my heart and motivates me to work harder to keep releasing music that I love and hopefully, my fans love as well!

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Desperado :: Discount
[August 21 - 28]

Dua Lipa - "Don't Start Now" [DISCOUNTED]
Dua Lipa's single "Don't Start Now" can now be purchased on iTunes for a discounted price.
The price is at the lowest which can still be counted for official charts. Ends in 7 days.

Desperado :: Bundle
[August 21 - 28]

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 DSNBUNDLE

The bundle for Dua Lipa's single "Don't Start Now" is now up for purchase on Dua Lipa's official website.
Like stated on the pictures down below, each purchase includes a digital copy of the said single. The bundle is up for 7 days.

DON'T START NOW CD + DIGITAL SINGLE - $5
DON'T START NOW CASSETTE + DIGITAL SINGLE - $6
DON'T START NOW VINYL + DIGITAL SINGLE - $8
DON'T START NOW LONG SLEEVE + DIGITAL SINGLE - $21
DON'T START NOW PICTURE DISC + DIGITAL SINGLE - $9

Products:

Venti and jackgrande like this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Bruno Mars on The Talk
August 26th | US | Tier 3 | I+P
6th article for week of August 21st
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Sara-gilbert

Interview:

Performance:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:11 pm
Dua Lipa social media update

CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Insta7

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:11 pm
After The Storm Merchandise Bundles
On Friday, Victoria releases merchandise to her website. The merch includes vinyls and casettes for both versions (dawn and dusk) of her debut studio album. Additionally, for a limited time she releases a kit version of both versions of the album. The kit album comes with the cd, a poster, and a photobook that includes never before released photos from the sticky photoshoot and the album art photoshoot (depending on the album version purchased).
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Ats2
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Ats1

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 DSNPromo5

Dua Lipa x The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon
[August 21 | Paid | US | 1/8]

Performance:

"Don't Start Now", available now for a discounted price.

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Dua Lipa x WNOW 92.3 Now
[August 22 | 1st Free Radio | 2/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Dua Lipa x Genius Verified
[August 23 | Paid Internet Promo | US | 3/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Dua Lipa x Late Show with Stephen Colbert
[August 24 | Paid | US | 4/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Dua Lipa x Good Morning America
[August 25 | Paid | New York, US | 5/8]

Performance:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Dua Lipa x Late Night with Seth Meyers
[August 25 | Paid | New York, US | 6/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Dua Lipa x The Wendy Williams Show
[August 26 | Paid | US | 7/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

despy
despy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Dua Lipa x The Today Show
[August 27 | Paid | US | 8/8]

Interview:

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Bruno Mars on Conan
August 27th | US | Free Promo
7th article for week of August 21st
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Conan-pinksmoke-logo-700x288

Performance:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:52 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 31 Maxres27

Interview + Performance on Lorraine (UK)
August 26th, 2020
Tier 3

Lorraine: 
Our guest today has become an international super star with his hit ‘MY MY MY!’, and here to talk to us now it’s Shawn Mendes!

Shawn: Hi Lorraine thanks for having me! 

Lorraine: We’re excited to have you here! When word of you being on the show got out, my twitter mentions were on fire! How does it feel now that you have millions of fans supporting you?

Shawn: Well before I released my debut single I had fans that knew me from my YouTube videos and Tik Tok, but never as many as there are now. I love seeing the OG fans still there, as well as all of the new ones. I hope our fan base keeps growing as I release more music!

Lorraine: Well they are definitely dedicated I’ll tell you that! Since you’ve spent so much time here in the UK recently, are there any British artists you’ve been loving or want to collab with?

Shawn: Of course I love Dua Lipa! Don’t Start Now is such a hit, it’s definitely one of my favourite pop songs of the year. She’d be fun to work with.

Lorraine: I love that song too. She is so talented, much like yourself!

Shawn: Oh thank you! I have a few collabs on the album, but my fans will have to wait to find out who.

Lorraine: Before we let you go and perform we have to ask when the next single is coming!

Shawn: September 25th, mark your calendars! I can’t wait.

Lorraine: Closing the show for us with his hit ‘MY MY MY!’, Shawn Mendes!

The camera pans to Shawn and he is sat on a stool, he begins by singing a slowed and reverbed version of the song and the lights are dimly lit. Half way through the song he bursts into the normal upbeat version and the stage is fully illuminated again.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Venti and despy like this post

Breakdown
Breakdown

Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 pm
Dagny - Let Me Cry | Paid Promo Tier 2 (Eu)
August 21, 2020 | The Voice France Performance

Dagny is wearing a silver sequined jumpsuit with silver heels. The camera shows a close up of the guitar player playing the opening cords. When the lyrics start she struts out from center stage. She stands in the middle of the stage for the first verse. Up until now the screens and stage had been a light pink color. For the chorus the screens explode as cute graphics of water and umbrellas float across the screen behind her. As the second verse starts the screens go back to the plain light pink. The camera tilts downward a little as she takes a step forward and you see water splashes under her foot on the screen of the stage. She takes a few more steps and the water splashes are there too. For the second chorus she goes up to the coaches and points at them while she’s singing and makes questioning faces as if she’s asking them if they would let her cry. She goes back to the main stage to end the song and the host comes out to remind everyone to buy and stream Let Me Cry.

Venti likes this post

Breakdown
Breakdown

Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 pm
Dagny - Let Me Cry | Paid Promo Tier 4 (Eu)
August 22, 2020 | MNM Radio Interview

Host: We have an amazing guest in the studio with us today. The Let Me Cry songstress herself, Dagny!

Dagny: Hi! So great to be here! You have such a lovely studio.

Host: Oh thank you! What have you been up to lately.

Dagny: I’ve been traveling the world, trying to sightsee as much as possible and working on my album!

Host: Yeah I imagine it would be hard going to all these places but not being able to see it all.

Dagny: It’s difficult but I try really hard to visit at least one place every time I’m somewhere I’ve never gone and it’s worked out in most places so far.

Host: That’s great for you. Now let’s get into what you mentioned earlier that everyone wants to know about, the album!

Dagny: It’s in progress! I have about half of the songs done right now but the rest of them are no where close so it’ll still be a while unfortunately.

Host: That’s too bad! What sound are you going for? Is it all going to sound like Let Me Cry or is that kind of a one off?

Dagny: There’s definitely some stuff that’s sonically similar time Let Me Cry on there. But there’s also some more outside the box stuff.

Host: What artists have you been pulling inspirations from?

Dagny: I’ve been pulling from a lot of 70s and 80s music. I love Fleetwood Mac and the kind of slick dance sound they were able to give to their rock music so I’ve been trying to recreate that a bit and do you know the song More More More?

Host: That’s the one by the you know what star right?

Dagny: Yes! *laughs* I’m glad you know it most people don’t. I love that song and I’m trying to create the vibe of that chorus on one of my own songs.

Host: Well, if that’s what we have to look forward to I am super excited!

Dagny: I’m glad!

Host: Unfortunately that’s all the time we have for today. Thank you so much for stopping by! Now here’s Dagny with Let Me Cry on MNM Radio!

Venti likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum