Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
dweebz
dweebz

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 HE02CGj
Z100 4/8
Sunday, July 19, 2020
USA, 100

Host
: Our next guest is someone that we all know and are listening to today. Its Florence with us in the studio today!

FLORENCE ON HER MUSIC
The music is something that just comes out of me frankly. I don’t try to force it or anything. When I see, hear, smell, think, dream of something that is worth remembering I will jot it down in my journal and hopefully, it can be used in some sort of capacity. Sometimes they are poems and they stay as poems. And there is not anything wrong with that at all. Sometimes they get changed to songs, like Only If For A Night, and other songs that I have. Those are a magical one. The ones that I can make a chorus, verses and a bridge to it and make it come alive. Its absolutely extraordinary really.

FLORENCE ON WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT
Well a music video for the song is actually in the works and we are filming today. I kind of wanted it to be a cinematic experience in five minutes. I just hope that it is possible. The song is so grand and extra that I want it to have a fitting music video to really showcase the visuals to it. The music video will be essentially my dream. It really was beautiful so that fact that I get to recreate it and show it to the world is incredible. I mean, you guys were always getting a little piece of what was in my head with my music but with the music video now you get to actually see what’s in there haha.

Host: That is so exciting. Thank you so much for your time Florence. Don’t forget to buy and stream “Only If For A Night”, now out everywhere.

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 W2KKWaz

Venti and despy like this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:11 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 1200px19

Shawn performs on The Voice (US)
July 20th, 2020
Tier 1

Hosts: Our guest tonight has been taking the world by storm with his hit single ‘MY MY MY!’ and here to perform it for us now, Shawn Mendes!

As the song begins the stage is dark, then as the beat drops for the first verse the stage illuminates in white and pink. Shawn is stood in the middle of the stage with his band wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt and black jeans to match the single cover. He prompts the crowd and judges to sing along as he makes it to the first chorus, backing dancers can be seen in the background. During the bridge the stage goes dark again, a spotlight is shone on Shawn and the camera cuts to a close up of him. Before the final chorus the music drops out and the drummer plays a dramatic riff, then the stage illuminates again when the chorus hits. White confetti rains over the studio as he finishes the performance.

Hosts: That is how to put on a show! ‘MY MY MY!’ is available on iTunes and Flux now!

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:11 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 3hbqt0Y

Hailee Steinfeld discusses debut album "Passion" and tacos, performs Love Myself on Conversa Com Bial
(Latin America, Paid)
Saturday, July 18
2/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Conversa-com-bial-poster-web

This evening on the show we have a certified pop star who's just debuted with huge numbers worldwide for her debut album Passion, please welcome Hailee Steinfeld!

Hailee on the initial success of Passion:
The fact that Passion is my debut album, and having all this success around the globe is crazy to me. I thought I would debut small considering my team decided to release my album a month after the first single, but I really outdone myself if you look at the spreadsheet! I can only thank God, my family, Jonny and Virgin, and especially my Hailiens around the world.

Hailee on future singles:
Well I'm not nearly done with Love Myself, it has quite some life in it I feel. However, I have some singles in my head that I can see people liking. One song that I saw people took a liking too is Starving, which Zedd produced. One of my favorite songs that I recorded in the studio ever.

Hailee on tacos:
I'm not just saying this because I'm on a Latin American platform, but have you guys had tacos with chicken? It's SO good. I also found out that my beaner girlies don't even use beef, but pork and chicken. No wonder why they shit always be hot! *laughs* My ex Derek truly used to eat it all the time too.

Hailee's last remarks:
Well of course, my debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion and my current single, Love Myself, is now discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you Conversa!

After the commerical break, we'll have Hailee Steinfeld back here to perform her smash hit Love Myself!

Hailee performing Love Myself:
The cameras turn to Hailee and her backup dancers, who are all dressed in white. The stage is lit in light lavender, and the background green screen is playing the Love Myself music video. As the Love Myself instrumental stars, Hailee and the dancers turn towards the camera. When the first verse hits, Hailee and her backup dancers start a slower tempo choreo. As the chorus hits, the choreo goes faster. The same happens during Love Myself's 2nd verse, as the song heads towards the climax which is the bridge. Hailee hits the huge note during the bridge, and finishes the last chorus. Hailee finishes the song, and then winks towards the televised camera.

"Passion", the debut album, available on all platforms now.
Featuring smash hit "Love Myself", as well as album tracks "Hell No's and Headphones" and "Rock Bottom", featuring Shawn Mendes.
"Passion" and "Love Myself" at discounted price are available on the iTunes Store and HaileeSteinfeld.com.

Last edited by Jonnyy on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Hailee Steinfeld appears on the Breakfast Club, discusses debut album "Passion" and industry peers
(United States, Paid)
Sunday, July 19
3/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Breakfast-Club-DJ

This morning we have actor turned into pop superstar Hailee Steinfeld here to discuss anything of her desire, but I'm pretty sure she wants to discuss her debut album Passion! Let's welcome her!

Hailee on being scared to come on Breakfast Club:
I can't believe I'm on here right now. I've always had the itch but the fear to come on this radio show because of you know who *laughs*. Let me say this right now, No offense Charlamagne, but Shawn told me he saw your profile pic on Grindr! Don't let me catching you slip before you try to drag me!

Hailee on the meaning of Passion:
Passion, which is my debut album that's out everywhere, means the world to me. I feel like the album means embracing independence, and having the courage of being yourself with addition to having ambition constantly. I feel like those specific things are what people hesitate to have in life, and I want to let people know that you can have anything you want.

Hailee on Passion debuting with 114K in the states:
Those numbers are beyond what I expected honestly, I would've been grateful for 50k considering our release design. It was very unorthodox, but look what God can do! I have the biggest female debut of the year so far, and I'm so thankful.

Hailee on her industry peers:
Of course my favorite is Shawn, I call him my GBF secretly but that's his fetish. Please don't take me seriously when I say that *laughs* But other than Shawn, I love Normani of course, I've developed a slow liking to Camila, and Drake. I texted Ava about blocking Love Myself from #1 yesterday, cussed that raggedy wig bitch out! I'm kidding, love Ava too and I congratulated her. But those are the girls who are making listenable music.

Hailee's last remarks:
My debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion and my current single, Love Myself, is now discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you Breakfast Club!

Featuring smash hit "Love Myself", as well as album tracks "Hell No's and Headphones" and "Rock Bottom", featuring Shawn Mendes.
"Passion" and "Love Myself" at discounted price are available on the iTunes Store and HaileeSteinfeld.com.

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Hailee Steinfeld discusses debut album "Passion" and guilty pleasures on Trevor Noah, performs Love Myself
(United States, Paid)
Monday, July 20
4/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 1250-9bf421656a2762beddbd64cf868d7d63

Tonight on the show we have the beautiful actress turned pop star who's celebrating her debut album Passion smashing the charts globally, please help me welcome Hailee Steinfeld!

Hailee on having only 9 songs on Passion:
I think it works for this album because I wanted people to re-listen to it especially. I feel like your debut album should be your most listened to one, so why not make it shorter and make people relisten? I get to have a debut album only one time in my life. I had to make Passion count.

Hailee on the most personal song on Passion:
I think Ins and Outs is the most personal song on the record, definitely actually since its self written.I was going through a relationship at the time that was off and on for months, and I finally decided to let my thoughts out on a notebook. I love the outcome that happened.

Hailee on having a top 3 album and single at the same time:
It's crazy to think about Trevor. Just last year I was in a Pitch Perfect trailer, and now today I'm breaking records globally on about every chart. This experience has made me so humble and grateful to be in this industry. I owe it all to my support system and my amazing Hailiens.

Hailee's last remarks:
My debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion and my current single, Love Myself, is now discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you Trevor Noah!

After this short commercial break, Hailee Steinfeld will be performing her breakout hit Love Myself!

The cameras turn to Hailee, who is dressed in all light blue with her back up dancers. The stage has the Love Myself music video playing in the background, with Hailee and her dancer's jumpsuits having #Passion written in glitter on them. The stage is lit light lavender as Hailee starts singing Love Myself's first verse. The live audience starts clapping faster as Hailee hits Love Myself's chorus. As the Love Myself climax comes, Hailee hits the huge high note during the bridge. Hailee ends Love Myself with a wink to the camera and "I love me!"

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Hailee Steinfeld talks debut album "Passion" and Netflix on Wild 94.9 San Francisco (Call-In)
(United States, Free)
Tuesday, July 21
5/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 5e0a3df06f30114a05e027a2

On the line now we have a pop superstar who is breaking records globally with her debut album "Passion", give it up for Hailee Steinfeld! Hey Hailee!

Hailee on Passion's sound:
Well it's a straight Pop record, I don't know how straight you could go after hearing Passion pop wise. However, this type of Pop is different. I wanted to make a pop album that had actual meaning to it. Not cookie cutter, no throwaway Max Martin production, real shit. I have songs about breakups, social anxiety, body acceptance, etc.

Hailee on her immediate success:
It's so crazy man, I would've never thought it would happen to me. Not in the music industry at least. I always had a "Passion" for music, see what I did there *laughs*. But never in a lifetime that I would think it would blow up like this. But I'm grateful for everything that;s coming my way.

Hailee on Netflix shows:
I've been watching so much Netflix lately. Most of the stuff I watched was good, like Victorious, but I came across a God awful documentary yesterday. I think the name was New Americana. I think I got through 3 minutes before I put it on Blues Clues chile.

Hailee on the future:
We arew continuing to promote Passion and Love Myself simultaneously, and I will let media platforms know if there's a change.

Hailee's last remarks:
My debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion and my current single, Love Myself, is now discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you Wild 94.9 San Francisco!

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:53 am

Hailee Steinfeld performs Love Myself on Heads Up with Richard Herring
(United Kingdom, Free)
Wednesday, July 22
6/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 MV5BZmUzY2I0ZTMtOGNjYS00MmJhLWFlMmItZTc3ZWU3N2MwMjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4NDU2NQ@@._V1_

Coming off the release of her debut album "Passion", Hailee Steinfeld is here to perform her breakout single Love Myself. Let's give it up for Hailee!

The camera pans to Hailee and her backup dancers. As the instrumental of Love Myself starts, Hailee and her dancers both turn to the camera simultaneously. Steinfeld is wearing an all white striped fitted jumpsuit, and her dancers are wearing black. The stage is lit light blue, and the background graphic has a GIF- version of her album "Passion". Steinfeld and her dancers finish the first verse as they go into more intense choreo. When the Love Myself chorus hits, the choreo goes even harder. It slows down as they enter the Love Myself 2nd verse, and ramps backup during the 2nd chorus. Hailee hits the high note during the bridge almost perfectly, and heads near the end of the song. When Hailee and her dancers finish the Love Myself performance, Hailee gives a kiss to the televised camera.

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:57 am

Hailee Steinfeld discusses debut album "Passion" on NRJ Hits France
(Europe, Paid)
Thursday, July 23
7/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Logo-nrj-paris-nrj-hits-nrj-12-radio-thumbnail

In the NRJ studio right now we have the platinum selling superstar Hailee Steinfeld, yes that's the right title, who's calling to talk about her debut album Passion, which is out on all platforms now. Everyone give it up for her!

Passion has debuted at #1 on the Euro album chart, while Love Myself is #1 on the Euro single chart, your thoughts?
I'm so blessed and grateful that all of this is happening to me. Let me say thank you publicly to my European Hailiens, as well as Jonny Braun, Virgin, and Universal. My dear family from all angles! And I have to thank God of course. It's so crazy to be at #1 on both the album and single chart simultaneously.

Hailee on what having Passion means:
Having Passion means having ambition, that drive for every single thing that you do. Especially the things that you have close to your heart that means dear to you. I've always had music in my heart and close to it since I was a little girl, and I wanted to put the feeling I had as a little girl in this first album of mine.I want people to get that specific feeling while you're streaming Passion.

Your favorite song on Passion?:
My favorite song on Passion is actually Ins and Outs, because it means so much to me. As a human being that goes through relationships, the fact that I can write it out and process grief and confusion through my writing is special. I feel like that song best shows how I can deliver on my notebook.

Anything else you have to say Hailee before we let you go?:
Well of course, my debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion, my debut album, and my current single, Love Myself, are now both discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you NRJ Radio France!

Thank you Hailee for stopping by our studio, now playing on NRJ Hits France is Hailee Steinfeld's Love Myself. Turn it up!

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:19 am

Hailee Steinfeld discusses debut full length "Passion" and Switzerland on Virgin Radio Switzerland
(Europe, Paid)
Thursday, July 23
8/8

CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 S3v5bdGeOwTx4ZDbtMho_bWgBMOL5xhxJ_O9u7SSsyfbzRYP8YRgTQXW31zg6Lxegio

This evening on the show we have a very special guest who's just smashed the charts with her debut album "Passion", please help me welcome Hailee Steinfeld!

What were the challenges in recording Passion?:
Knowing if certain things were right for this album. As my debut album, I wanted to show off my feelings and personality. I wanted those traits in the forefront more than anything. It was nervous trying to match beats and lyrics, especially to stuff I've already written. Rob, Mattias, Justin, and Julia, all helped me put ideas out there to help me envision. So many sleepless nights in the studio especially! I think it worked out in our favor though.

You have a #1 album and #1 single simultaneously here in Europe as a debut artist, which is out of this world! Your thoughts?:
I just have to thank God first of all, he made my Passion come into fruition for me. As well as my European team and my label team. It's unheard of to achieve this all on your debut effort, especially when you release the album this early like I did. I'm so grateful it's all working out. I'm loving that you all are loving Love Myself and Passion!

I absolutely LOVE Generous off the album, can you tell me about that one?:
Well I wrote it about this past relationship I had, and I genuinely felt I was doing all the heavy lifting in the relationship. Like my guy, I'm a girl. I shouldn't have to be the brains and wear the pants in the relationship. So I thought in my head, I'm so generous to this guy. And for what, sex? I deserved better. So I just wrote about it.

Hailee's last remarks:
Well of course, my debut album, Passion, is out everywhere! Passion, my debut album, and my current single, Love Myself, are now both discounted on iTunes and my site HaileeSteinfeld.com. Go get the offers before they're gone. Thank you NRJ Radio France!

Thank you Hailee for stopping by the studio, and now playing on Virgin Radio SWZ here's Love Myself, by the lovely Hailee Steinfeld!

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:11 pm
James Corden 5/8
Monday, July 20, 2020
USA, 440

James
: Our next guess is actually from the magical land I hail from. She is now in the United States and taking it by storm too. Everyone, please help me welcome, Florence.

FLORENCE ON WRITING
I see it as sort of a useless super power. It’s like you’re able to see the future, or you’re able to understand something very deep about yourself, or you’re able to see exactly the right answer… but in life, I have no idea what I am doing ha-ha. It’s so funny. Sometimes I open my journal in hopes of making something into a song and I am like, wow I impress myself, and other times I am like, wow that made absolutely no sense. But I never think anything I write is rubbish, and anyone who writes should never feel like that about their work. It’s all perspective. Maybe we felt a certain way about a subject at one point, but now, we feel totally different. It’s a think that happens. I know it, because sometimes I have no idea what I am talking about when I write some stuff. But now, it’s gotten much better.

FLORENCE ON PERFORMING
That is so weird, because when I am performing anything, I do not really feel like me… if that makes sense. Sometimes, more times than not actually, it feels like some other force is taking control of my body and I am just a vessel for my music. I love the go around the stage and just feel the energy and vibe of the people around. I love the fact that if you wait and listen to the crowd, you can hear a beautiful choir singing along with you. And the fact that they even know my music is something so special to me.

FLORENCE PERFORMING “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
As the piano starts, Florence is on the ground on her knees with her hands beside her. She gets up and starts singing the first verse. As the background singers belt the backing vocals out, she pops up in the chorus and runs to one side of the stage and then sings the rest of the chorus. When the background singers sing the “Only if for a night” part, everyone in the audience is singing as well. When the second verse comes, she is now in the crowd singing at a few members of the audience. When the chorus comes back, she leaps to the stage and starts singing. At the end of the performance, James reminds everyone to stream and buy Florence’s single, Only If For A Night.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:11 pm
Trevor Noah 6/8
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
USA, 220

Trevor
: Hello everyone at home and our live audience here, today we have a special guest with us. Coming all the way from the United Kingdom, it is Florence.

FLORENCE ON HER FANS
They are just the sweetest people ever. I cannot wait until I get to tour and see all of their faces. They are so amazing and I love interacting with them on twitter. They call themselves the Empire. Which I think is a fitting name for them.

FLORENCE ON WRITING
The feeling was there, and the excitement of making something was there. And that’s all we needed. And I like the idea of making music with whatever was in the room, so if you need to bang a stick against a wall and record something on your phone. That idea so interesting to me. And the drum sound in one of my songs is just from me going to the wall and banging at it until I could make the lyrics fit with this huge beat. You know I’m not a very angry person in life, I’m not a very confrontational or aggressive person. I’m very gentle and yet sometimes my music is so ferocious and I wonder what part of myself I suppress and don’t want to come out. And sometimes I find that scary.

FLORENCE PERFORMING ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT
Florence is wearing a light blue sheer light gown. As the music starts, Florence’s head rises and her eyes open. She is in the middle of the stage with her band behind her. Florence then starts singing the first verse and then picks up the mic and races to the crowd when the chorus begins. When the second verse happens, she is back on the stage with her band, and then when the second chorus comes, the camera pans to the audience who are singing and dancing with Florence. By the end of the performance, Florence is back in the middle of the stage as Trevor reminds the audience and viewers at home to buy and stream Florence’s smash hit single.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:12 pm
Dancing With The Stars 8/8
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
USA, FREE

Florence is in the middle of the dancefloor with her mic in hand. As for her band, they are on the stage behind her. As the music starts, four pairs of dancers come from each corner of the dancefloor and meet in the center with Florence. They are doing some soft delicate moves but when the bombastic pre-chorus begins, the dancers disperse into their pairs and start dancing in sync as they are doing their super hard and tough dance. Florence is just static in the middle of the dancefloor, to make sure she does not get in their way. But her hands are moving to the sound of the music. As the second verse comes, each pair has their own solo and then the chorus comes back where they do the same thing again. When the repeated outro of “Only If For A Night” comes the dancers go ballistic and do all of these magnificent dances. When the song is over the dancers bow and point to Florence who has a huge grin on her face.
The host then reminds everyone to buy and stream Florence’s hit single, “Only If For A Night”.

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:12 pm
Samantha Bee 8/8
Thursday, July 23, 2020
USA, 220

Samantha
: Hello everyone. Our next guest is a woman who has been taking the United States and the United Kingdom by storm. She is here to talk with us and then perform her song later. Everyone, please help me welcome Florence!

FLORENCE ON CREATING
I think there’s a way of being musical which perhaps isn’t based on knowing all the right cords or knowing how to push all the buttons. If you have a desire to create, if you have a musicality, I think you can make music out of anything. There are a lot of ways that we can create something and I don’t feel like my way is the best or the finish line. There are so many different ways and avenues. I personally use a journal and write poems in them. And then later, I will see what can be made into a song. And I mean, sometimes the poems are long, and other times, they are just one liners.

FLORENCE ON HER ART
The visuals and the music, everything was always all together. I never really thought about them separately. When I wrote the song “Only If For A Night”, there was already an image there when I was creating the song. I guess people really like conceptual things but it wasn’t a concept per se, you just follow an idea. So if you’re into dreams, then get super interested in dreams and it would tie up into the music, and tie up into the shows, and maybe it was the fact that I went to art college, and that’s why I don’t see any of the parts as separate.

As the music starts, and the band is behind her, Florence’s head is up as she starts singing the first verse. She is wearing a purple light flowy dress. When the pre-chorus hits, her eyes immediately open and she raises both of her hands in a quite static way. When the chorus begins, she snatches the mic from the stand and jets to the right side of the stage. She makes eye contact with an audience member who is singing the song with her word for word. When the second verse comes back, things are a bit calmer as she is saving up energy for a second chorus. By the end of the song, she is on her knees with her head facing up.

Venti
Venti
Admin
https://loonycal.forumotion.com

Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:23 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 American-idol-logo-png-2
July 19 | US | Paid Promo | 1st Normani Article
Performance:
Link Up out now

Last edited by Venti on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 S23485g
July 20 | US | Free Promo | 2nd Normani Article
Interview:
Link Up out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 NQzMFtGa0Oovnw2HfYyVKpz2eFIGhudx0SY9fyPNldfMTIzgT2klYgczc1jTcYAQz5QxRk9HD-zkrSYjFRVDg5YvdKOyTsdd_KsRZFBkGWJv2eRJH8S4uKatuRTSyLKapQ
July 20 | US | Paid Promo | 3rd Normani Article
Interview + Performance:
Link Up out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:52 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 2019_IGP_Today1_1600x800
July 21 | US | Paid Promo | 4th Normani Article
Interview + Performance:
Link Up is out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:21 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Logog
July 21 | US | Free Promo | 5th Normani Article
Interview:
Link Up out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:31 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 41pfEtPP_400x400
July 22 | US | Free Promo | 6th Normani Article
Interview:
Link Up is out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Dno5GpjG_400x400
July 23 | US | Paid Promo | 7th Normani Article
Interview:
Link Up is out now

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Maxresdefault
July 23 | US | Paid Promo | 8th Normani Article
Video:
Link Up out now

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:31 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 5aff3711

Interview + Performance on Ellen (US)
July 21st, 2020
Tier 2

Ellen: This man has taken the online world by storm with his covers and original songs, but now here performing his official debut single ‘MY MY MY!’ please welcome Shawn Mendes!

The stage screens open to reveal Shawn standing with his band and backing singers, they’re standing on an elevated stage with a runway down the middle. Red lights flicker before the verse begins with the stage fully illuminated, an arrangement of old stage lamps and photography lights behind him. He’s wearing a black shirt over a white t-shirt, tucked into a pair of white trousers paired with black Converse. The chorus hits and he walks closer to the audience, the stage floor lighting up as he walks down the run way. The stage goes dark during the bridge and emerald green lasers flicker over him, the camera on a close up of his face. The final chorus hits and the stage lights up again, the lights behind him flashing. A burst of confetti rains over the stage as the song finishes.

Ellen: Love it! Stick around for more Shawn Mendes!

Ellen: Welcome back, we are here with Shawn Mendes.

*crowd cheers*

Shawn: Hi! So great to be here, thanks for letting me perform.

Ellen: Our pleasure! You certainly put on a show, what a great song. I love the music video too!

*stills of the music video appear on the screen behind them, landing on a still of the scene with the girl*

Ellen: Pretty raunchy huh?! What happened to the good boy image *laughs*

Shawn: I wouldn’t call that raunchy! But yeah shooting the video was a lot of fun, and I love the meaning behind it too. I didn’t really want to just do a plain video showing what the songs about, I like the use of metaphors and stuff so I wanted to use the light in the video to signify the relationship that I was chasing. 

Ellen: Love the concept! Well the 'MY MY MY!' music video is out now and song is available to buy and stream on all platforms! Thanks for watching.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:58 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 Market10

Interview + Performance on Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (US)
July 22nd, 2020
Tier 3

Shawn on the meaning behind the music video

While the video may seem a little dark or not as colourful as the song sounds, I wasn’t the happiest before I wrote this song. A light in my life was missing and that was this relationship I’m singing about. Throughout the video I’m chasing that light, and when I finally reach it and make the relationship official the light comes back into my life as you can see at the end of the video.

Shawn on the making of the video

We shot it right here in California believe it or not. The shoot was across 3 days and they were all night shoots so we were all super tired by the end of it especially since I was promoting during the day, my manager gives me no breaks! I think the rooftop scene was the hardest to shoot, I was up there for like 2 hours under the fake rain. I fell over a few times, had water in my eyes and was freezing by the end of it but it was so worth it! I have to thank my fellow director Grant Singer for keeping me motivated *laughs*

Shawn on his merch

I have a whole new range of merchandise out for my fans to buy now, they will receive a copy of the single with each purchase! I spent some time designing it with my team, I’m wearing one of the hoodie designs now actually! Expect even more with the album release.

Performance

Shawn is alone on the stage sat on a stool with his guitar and a spotlight just on him, he begins to play an acoustic stripped back version of ‘MY MY MY!’. He asks the audience to shout ‘MY MY MY!’ during the chorus and stands up during the final chorus, letting his voice shine. He belts out the lyrics and adds some new ad libs, finishing the performance by thanking the crowd.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

dan
dan

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:02 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 17 TM25pco

Text version:

dan
dan