Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
dan
dan

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:13 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 SgEyLAK

JULY 30
(US) 97.9 FM Dallas, TX
Free Promotion

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 2aZZ2Sd

Camila Cabello on Z100
July 27th | US | Tier 4
3rd article for week of July 24th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 1469

Interview:

Last edited by beysus on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 pm
The Breakfast Club Interview (US)
July 27th, 2020
Tier 4

Shawn on missing the #1 spot and Victoria Monet

You know I’m fine with it! My manager said I still had the second biggest sales week of the year so far
, so… my fans always say quick peaks don’t matter so I’d rather have longevity. Charts are not my main motivation, but when it is be rest assured I won’t play dirty. And Victoria? Next question.

Shawn on the state of the industry

I think there’s so much new talent around right now which I feel lucky to be apart of, but I think a lot of that is overshadowed by some labels and managers trying to get quick number one singles by selling jockstraps and condoms in return for song sales. The focus is no longer on the art! And yes, ‘MY MY MY!’ Is art.

Shawn on future remixes

I have an exciting remix lined up with a good friend of mine who you all know and love, plus another special guest. It’s coming very very soon! I’ll leave all my fans to speculate who it’s with but just know it’ll be art.

Shawn on his music video and big streaming week

55 Million views in a week! I couldn’t believe it really, but I’m glad it's getting recognition. Grant singer did an amazing job at directing, along with my input! The insane amount of flux streams just tops it all off for me as well, my fans are the best! They’ve believed in this song from the start, when others didn’t. Proud we’ve proved the doubters wrong!

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Camila Cabello on Late Night Berlin
July 28th | GER (EU) | Free Promo | I+P
4th article for week of July 24th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 KE4Ck6S
This performance was pre-recorded when Camila was in Germany on July 19th as Late Night Berlin is NOT live.

Interview + Performance:

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Interview + Performance on GMA (US)
July 27th, 2020
Tier 2

Host: Now making his GMA debut performing his smash hit single My My My!, welcome Shawn Mendes!

The crowd screams as the camera pans to Shawn who is stood on stage wearing his usual stage outfit. The camera has a black and white effect on the video until the
 final chorus, where it bursts back into colour.

*crowd cheers*

He waves to his fans stood outside the windows in the studio before sitting down to talk with the co-hosts.

Shawn: Hi thanks for having me! I had a great time performing for you guys.

Host: That is what you call a perfect pop song! Infinitely catchy, amazing production and an equally incredible singer to match. How does it feel to be such a talented force at a young age?

Shawn: Well first of all thank you for complimenting the song! I will have to say I agree *laughs*, but seriously I have so many people to credit. I wrote the song but my amazing team of producers turned the song to magic! It feels great to be seen as a force when I’m this early into my career, but we have to give credit where its due.

Host: Moving away from music quickly, there are rumours that you’ve signed an exclusive sponsorship with a certain underwear brand! I’m sure your fans would love to know if its true.

Shawn: I cannot say anything at this time, but I have recently signed a long term sponsorship that I can’t wait to get working on! My mom might not be happy when she’s the photos, but my fans definitely will be *laughs*

Host: I think the whole world has just simultaneously turned  your instagram notifications on! We cannot wait. Thanks for coming in to chat to us, ‘MY MY MY! Is out now all platforms!

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Camila Cabello on MBC FM4U
July 29th | SK | Tier 4
5th article for week of July 24th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 S14582g

Interview:

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Camila Cabello Finds Out Which Pop Star She Really Is | BuzzFeed Celeb
July 29th | US | Free Promo
6th article for week of July 24th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_static_3nplvs7y1eeckwcog400ko8kw

Camila: Hey I’m Camila Cabello and I’m about to take this Which Pop Star Are You quiz. Let’s do it!
BuzzFeed Celeb intro plays.

Question: What hair color do you prefer?
Options: “I don’t know I like to change it up” “My natural colour” “Usually something dark, but I’m open to change” “Blonde!”

Camila: Okay, so I’ve actually never not had dark hair. Yeah, I sometimes lightened my hair, but it has always been brown to black. I just think it looks better on me. However, I am open to testing out a different colour one day. But I am scared to dye my hair, so I’d prob just wear a wig. I’m gonna go with “Usually something dark, but I’m open to change”!

Question: How do your friends describe you?
Options: “Funny and weird” “Caring and warmhearted” “Laid-back, but also pretty emotional” “Crazy, but down to earth”

Camila: I’m like a total introvert. My girlfriends are always trying to force me to go out with them, but I would much rather just stay home in my pyjamas and watch HBO. I’m also a very emotional person. When I cry, it’s like a tsunami. Tears everywhere baby. So yeah, “Laid-back, but also pretty emotional” it is!

Question: What is your favorite school subject?
Options: “Science” “English” “A foreign language” “Lunch break, tbh”

Camila: I hate hate HATED science when I was in high school. Days when I had science tests were literally my biggest nightmare. So scratch that out immediately! The food at my school was disgusting. I would literally have to force myself to eat it out of fear of starving if I don’t. So def, not that. The only foreign language class at my school was basic Spanish, but I’m a native speaker so I found the class really really boring doing just fundamentals. English was so much fun! I just loved how we got to express our thoughts. Either through poems, short stories or essays! High school English class definitely made me appreciate writing and set me on the path of becoming a songwriter. So yup, definitely that!

Question: What do you do in your free time?
Options: “More work” “Stay in and watch a movie” “Something quiet with friends” “I love going out”

Camila: See, if you had asked this a year ago, I would have definitely said “Stay in and watch a movie”. But ever since starting my solo career, writing music and rehearsing for performances, both of which are technically work, have become my favourite things to do in my spare time. Gotta go with “More work” then!

Question: Which of these is your favorite meal?
Options: “A salad” “Pizza” “Something homemade” Burgers”

Camila: Pizza. The answer is always pizza!

Camila: Ahhhh! Okay, let’s see what I got! Wait, am I a potential result in this quiz?
Producer: Yes, you are.
Camila: Then I better get myself. How funny would it be if I don’t get myself… SELENA GOMEZ? HUH? I HAVEN’T HEARD OF HER IN YEARS! Let’s see what it says
Explanation: You've been keeping to yourself a bit more recently, which is a totally reasonable thing to do. You've spent your whole life being the center of attention and keeping people happy, so it's more than fair to take some time to do your own thing.
Camila: Well, I guess that does make sense. I am a very private person. I don’t know about the whole center of attention thing though (laughs). But I absolutely agree with me now doing my own thing. I literally define that right now with my solo career!

Camila: Thank you for watching this video. Click the box above to subscribe to BuzzFeed Celeb to keep watching more hilarious celeb content, and click the box below to listen to my single “She Loves Control”, out everywhere now! Byeeeee! (blows a kiss)

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria x The Voice France
Friday, July 24th Paid EU
Victoria drops by The Voice France to perform her hit single Sticky!
The performance begins with a commentator introducing her to the stage before the camera pans around the entire arena before making it to right in front of Victoria. She is wearing a large trench coat which she rips off to show a shimmering gold outfit. Her dancers move in front of her in line. Victoria breaks out of the line while singing the chorus and allows the dancers to do choreography as a line while she stands on the side. She then moves to the front of the stage alone to do the second chorus with the choreography. The rest of her dancers disperse across the entire stage while she stands alone at the front. She repeats for the rest of the performance. She thanks the audience for having her.
Sticky out now on Flux and iTunes. The Remix is also out now!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

The Voice Denmark
July 25th paid EU
Victoria drops by The Voice Denmark to perform her hit single Sticky alongside her dancers.
The performance begins with a pan of the entire arena before going above the stage in a birds eye view. There, Victoria is laying with her dancers in a formation looking up to the camera. They do a slow sensual choreography for the first half of the song entirely on the ground. Then, for the second chorus, all her dancers get up and help Victoria up as well. They maintain the same arrangement and move to the very front of the stage. For the bridge, her dancers stand completely still while Victoria is vibing with the music and belting the chorus. Then, for the final chorus, all the dancers including Victoria break into choreography and finish the performance with a dance break. Victoria thanks the audience for allowing her to perform and blows a kiss to them as well.
Sticky out now alongside its remix on Flux and iTunes!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria Monet x Alan Carr
July 27th Paid UK
Victoria drops by the Alan Carr show to discuss the success of her debut single Sticky and to also announce new music!
Victoria on Sticky’s Success
My label just called me up an hour or so ago to tell me that Sticky is actually expected to be #1 on not only the US hot 100 but also the Europe hot 100! I was so SHOCKED. I’m so happy that my fans helped me so much and gave me this immense success. I don’t want to base any of my happiness on chart success but I HAVE to thank everyone for this achievement. Its so crazy that I would be in the booth writing songs with artists talking about how the song needs to sound like a “hit” to go #1 and now here I am with an authentic song I created going #1 in just a couple of weeks! I’ll never be able to repay y’all but I’ll try.
Victoria on new music
I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but I plan on releasing a mixtape on August 21st. It will be going on pre-order on July 31st and I’m so excited to say it. My label might kill me for saying this but I couldn’t hold it in anymore. In a way, this is me repaying my fans for helping me get to #1. It has a couple of collabs as well!
*cut to commercial*
Alan: Now to perform the #1 hit Sticky, give it up for Victoria Monet
The performance consists of Victoria breaking away from her dance formation for the verses to engaging the opposite side of the audience than her dancers. Then, they meet up for the chorus’ and perform the iconic sticky choreography. The performance finishes with a dance break and Victoria blowing a kiss to the audience and laughing.
Sticky out now on iTunes and Flux!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 pm
Victoria Monet x Ellen Degeneres
July 27th Paid US Pre-recorded
Victoria drops by The Ellen Degeneres to discuss her chart performance and new music
Victoria Monet on her chart success.
The billboard charts officially came out today and I was so happy at the result. They say it was the strongest #1’s of the year so far! I felt so proud of myself and thankful of all of my fans for doing this for me. Recently, there have been rumours circulating about me on Twitter than are completely false. I didn't want to say anything but I learned that this was from a rival camp who was fighting for #1 and so I think it's important to call it out! None of the rumours are true and its created from people angry that they weren’t #1 and I just find it so disgusting that people would try to ruin someone’s reputation over anger!
Victoria on new music
I’m so excited to announce that I’ll be releasing my debut mixtape on August 21st. It is by no means a replacement for my album but it was just a gift for the fans for waiting this long. I have a backlog of songs that I would love to share so I have no reason to hide them from all of my fans. It’s a mixtape because I didn’t want to be stuck into one theme or have to make a “cohesive” story but instead, just something fun!
*commercial break*
Ellen: Now, to perform her #1 smash hit debut single give it up for THE Victoria Monet!
The performance begins with the screens slowly opening to reveal Victoria standing alone with just a mic. The performance consists of Victoria moving around the stage and vibing to the music while she sings the song. She goes to the staircase where the audience sits and walks up it while singing to really engage the entire audience. She goes back to the front to finish the performance before thanking the audience for having her and reminding them to purchase Sticky and its remix on iTunes and to stream on Flux!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 pm
Victoria x Elle Song Association
Paid US
Victoria drops by Elle to participate in their song association game! The first word is “Sweet”. Victoria pauses before singing “oh she’s sweet but a psycho a little bit psycho, haha”. Victoria discusses how Sweet But Psycho is one of her favourite pop songs that’s released recently. She discusses how she actually met Ava at the SME brunch a couple of weeks ago. She talks about how Ava is such a funny and genuine person and that she’s super excited to see what lies ahead for her music journey! Ava is definitely Victoria’s favourite pop artist right now! The next word is “stopwatch”. Victoria immediately says “this a rollie not a stopwatch shit dont never stop!” She apologizes and asks if she was allowed to swear while laughing. She discusses how her fellow SME label mate Drake is one of her favourite artists because it seems like all of his songs and raps come so effortlessly. She says “you can also bop to a drake song!” The next word is “myself”. Victoria takes a long pause to think before saying “I love myself and I don’t need anybody else! I love that song by Hillary Steinfeld!” The final word is “my” which Victoria takes a long pause before giving up. “It’s such a common word but it’s hard to think of a song where I can recount a line with my since it’s such a small word!” The video finishes with Victoria laughing and thanking Elle for having her.
Sticky is out now on iTunes and Flux! My remix with Drake and Gunna is also out now!

Venti and ACT2 like this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Interview + Performance on Live with Kelly & Ryan (US)
July 28th, 2020
Tier 3

Kelly: Back once again to perform his now hit single, ‘MY MY MY!’, Shawn Mendes!

Shawn is stood in front of 3 clear hanging glass windows which are acting as lights for the stage, the same strobes pulsating through like in the music video. Shawn is wearing the exact same outfit from the video with the same wet hair look. He fins the performance by dancing with Ryan and Kelly.

Ryan: Give it up for Shawn Mendes everybody!

Shawn sits down and waves to the crowd.

Shawn: Happy to be back! Hopefully you enjoyed seeing me perform the full song rather than just an acoustic this time.

Ryan: Oh absolutely! Your voice is just as good as on the record, it would sound even better with a live band too!

Shawn: Yeah sadly they can’t come everywhere with me but definitely on some of the bigger shows! I can’t wait to get to touring once I get this album out so I can perform with them every night!

Kelly: Fans have been desperate for your album but since we last saw you they have been getting fed! The stellar music video was released a few weeks ago along with a load of merch, but now there’s a remix in the pipeline?

Shawn: It’s true! This friday I will be releasing the ‘MY MY MY!’ Official remix featuring 2 other exciting artists! Stay tuned to my socials for more news.

Kelly:  A world exclusive! ‘MY MY MY! Is out now, remix coming out friday!

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria x Watch What Happens Live
July 30th, US paid Promo
Victoria drops by the watch what happens live show to perform her hit single sticky and to discuss career goals.
Victoria on future career goals
My biggest plans after releasing a debut album is to definitely tour the world. I know its a big dream to do a world tour for your debut era but that is my biggest goal! I love to travel and to perform for my fans so its a win win situation for everyone. It would probably be all the way in 2020 but I’m okay with anything. I also want to release collab albums with different artists to really explore my limits in music. For now though, I’m excited for the release of my mixtape which I will release the title of on July 31st when it goes up for pre-order!
*commercial break*
Andy: Now to perform her #1 hit single Sticky give it up for the amazingly talented Victoria Monet!
The performance is confined to a smaller place so this time around, Victoria is only accompanied by two dancers who also have mic stands with her. They perform cute dance numbers with the mic stand for the majority of the performance until the end of the performance where Victoria breaks through and moves forward to belt the rest of the song. However, the verses for the most part are very subdued while the chorus take on a more complex dance that can still be performed in a small space. Her dancers continue to do a dance number for this portion but it is only Victoria who breaks through for the final part of the song. She continues to belt the rest of the song before placing her mic back onto the stand. She finishes the performance by allowing the choreography.

Venti likes this post

TattooedHeart
TattooedHeart

Victoria x The Kelly Clarkson Show
US Free
Victoria drops by the Kelly Clarkson to perform her hit single sticky. The performance begins with all the dancers on the ground and one by one the dancers begin to get up. That is for Victoria who stays down for the majority of the first verse before slowly and gracefully getting up to perform the iconic sticky choreography with her dancers. One this finishes, Victoria breaks from her dancers who go to the left while she goes to the right. She does a little dance number on her own with the camera following her while she engages the right side of the stage. For the pre-chorus, Victoria slowly makes it back to the middle where her dancers are waiting to again perform the choreography for sticky. For the bridge, the dancers stand still while Victoria belts the song, this continues in the chorus except the dancers begin to move but Victoria does not join in the choreography but instead works on hitting every note. The performance ends and Victoria thanks the audience for having her and reminds that that Sticky is out now on iTunes and Flux!

Venti likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 pm
Interview on The Real (US)
July 29th, 2020
Free

I: Now our next guest is someone, that went top 3 with his debut solo single. Please put your hands together for Shawn Mendes!

Audience Cheers

S: Hello, how are you!

I: I'm doing good, what about you!

S: I am fine, everything is good as well.

I: Okay, now you know i gotta ask you this. When is the next single coming girl?!

S: Oh, alright i see what you ae doing! Well, My My My was kind of a single that i put out there for people to know who i was and what my sound was. And let me tell you, it was a blast to have that single out. It is there, i love it and it just feels like something that is quintessentially me so the fact that people are supporting my art is amazing.

I: So My My My was such a phenomenal debut single. No wonder it became such a massive hit right out of the gate

S: Thank you. That is very sweet

I: So when is the official second single from your upcoming debut album coming out? Because you know- you know we are all on the edge of our seats right now. My My My was an anthem and everyone is thirsty for another one

Audience Cheers

S: Well I can not reveal the release date of the second single but rest assured that the wait will not be too long before it drops

Audience Cheers

S: Its a song that i love dearly and i think it is a track that everyone needs right now. Not to mention, it is a little bit different from My My My

I: Now let me tell you, anything you will put out will be gold. Cause your voice is amazing, at least you can sing and when you sing live its even better!

S: Oh my god, thank you so much! That means a lot to me.

I:Well thank you for being here today. I had so much fun getting with you

S: Definitely! Thank you for having me!

Last edited by jackgrande on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Camila Cabello on The Talk
July 30th | US | Tier 3
7th article for week of July 24th
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Sara-gilbert

Performance:

Interview:

Venti likes this post

beysus
beysus

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:23 pm

Camila Cabello’s “She Loves Control” Goes Viral on TikTok
July 30th | US | Free Promo
8th article for week of July 24th

Another day, another new Tik Tok trend.

Tik Tok, the novelty Chinese social media app, is notorious for creating hit songs. The app has proven social media to be one of the most valuable assets for a musician. Simple user-uploaded 15-second video of them dancing to a song has turned countless tunes into some of the biggest songs of 2020. And now, Camila Cabello’s “She Loves Control” is getting that treatment.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Tik Tok’s biggest creator, Charli D'Amelio uploaded a video of her dancing to the bridge of “She Loves Control” to her 75 million followers. Charli’s video quickly reached 7 million likes, and the sound of “She Loves Control” began trending on the app.

Within 3 days, over 2 million videos have been posted of Tik Tok users doing Charli’s dance to “She Loves Control”, with several videos passing 1 million likes. Fellow Tik Tok superstars such as Addison Rae (53 million followers) and Avani (23 million followers) joined in on the trend.

The impact of the Tik Tok dance trend led to “She Loves Control” trending on both US iTunes and Flux Streaming.

With no sign of “She Loves Control”’s Tik Tok dance slowing down being seen, industry sources are expecting a big rise in the song’s sales and streams.

Camila Cabello’s stardom as a solo artist might just end up being the result of a 16-year-old kid.

Venti likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:01 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 3hbqt0Y

Hailee Steinfeld surprise releases Love Myself Acoustic Remix & Love Myself Acoustic Visual

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Tumblr_ny3zc9hOiL1txeyiao4_250

Hailee Steinfeld has just surprised released a special acoustic remix of Love Myself, and a matching acoustic visual to go along with the release (shot specifically at Steinfeld's home studio). Enjoy Hailiens, both items available on iTunes and Flux now!

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 GZkn1uL
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Gq9b9aP

℗ 2020 Virgin Records, a division of Universal Music Group

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:48 am

JULY 31
(US) 104.5 FM Dallas, TX

Free Promotion

1/8

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

dan
dan

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 am

JULY 31
(WW) NIKE X DRAKE ADVERTISEMENT #1
1/1

Visuals & Aesthetic:

open me bitch!:

Venti likes this post

ACT2
ACT2

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 YrrvEo9

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Chrome-2020-08-01-09-35-59

Venti and despy like this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 pm
Shawn Releases 'MY MY MY!' Remix feat. Hailee Steinfeld & G-Eazy and Discounts OG Single

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 G5DYc9s

CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Hz7FCK2

jackgrande
jackgrande

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:38 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Jimmy_12
Interview + Performance on The Jimmy Kimmel Show (US)
July 31st, 2020
Tier 2 
(My My My! Original)

Jimmy: Our guest tonight bagged himself the song of the summer with his hit ‘MY MY MY!’, here to chat to us now please welcome Shawn Mendes!

My My My plays as Shawn walks on, he’s wearing a sleeveless denim shirt and black jeans. He waves to the crowd before sitting down.

Shawn: So great to meet you thanks for having me!

Jimmy: You’re welcome! Now as if your song isn’t played enough everywhere, you just released a remix for it today right?

Shawn: Yeah Hailee Steinfeld, who you all know and love since she’s like the biggest female pop artist since Madonna if we’re honest, sang on it with me and G-Eazy did a verse too.

Jimmy: How was it collaborating with those two artists? They’re pretty different.

Shawn: I’ve worked with Hailee before and our roots are in pop so it’s a breeze working with her, I think our voices compliment each other well! But I was nervous to hear G-Eazy’s verse when he sent it over since the song doesn’t necessarily lend itself to rap, but he made it work so well! He’s great with his pop features.

Jimmy: Will the remix receive a music video?

Shawn: I don’t think so, no. It would be fun but I think the original music video is good enough on it’s own *laughs* Have you seen it?

Jimmy: Who hasn’t seen it! Almost 100 million views and it’s only been out like two weeks? That’s crazy.

Shawn: The support is overwhelming! I can’t thank everyone enough.

Jimmy: Back to perform ‘MY MY MY!’, give it up for Shawn Mendes!

The thumping bass kicks in as the stage lights up to reveal Shawn and his band. The stage is bright white and a pink rectangle is projected over Shawn's eyes to replicate the single cover artwork. Before the bridge hits the stage goes dark and Shawn grabs an electric guitar from behind him and shows off his guitar skills, adding a riff before the final chorus crashes in. He belts out the final chorus before thanking the crowd.

Jimmy: ‘MY MY MY!’ is out now everywhere!

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

jackgrande
jackgrande

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:29 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 21 Last_w11

Interview + Performance on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (US)
August 1st, 2020
Free

Host: Our guest tonight has achieved huge chart success with his debut single ‘MY MY MY!’. Reaching the top 2 on the charts, achieving over 600 million streams and selling over 5 million units worldwide so far, he is not only one of the stars of tomorrow but the star of today. Give a huge welcome to Shawn Mendes!

Shawn: Hi thanks for having me!

Host: How does it feel when you have all those achievements listed out like that? It’s remarkable success for a brand new artist!

Shawn: It is so crazy and a huge compliment. For me when I’m creating my music I don’t really think about how many people are gonna hear it or who is gonna hear it, so then for it to be received like that is surreal. I think its especially rewarding with this song since it’s not only my debut single but it was created with people that I love and call my friends, I also wrote it during a great time in my life so it’s like a little time capsule back to that time for me.

Host: It definitely has that summery nostalgic feel, will there be any more of this vibe on the album?

Shawn: I hope so. I definitely tried to encapsulate that feeling in a lot of the tracks so I hope that ends up translating.

Host: Talk us through the music video! It’s very different from what a lot of people expected.

Shawn: That was the intention! The song sounds very bright and poppy but I wanted the music video to contrast from that. The concept is that I’m basically lost in this dark warehouse, kind of like I was in life before this relationship came into it, and I’m trying to chase and find the light to help me get out of there. I finally reach it at the end and that kind of signifies the start of the relationship I’m singing about.

Host: Now performing his hit for us, Shawn Mendes!

Shawn is stood alone on stage with his guitar, a smoke machine filling the floor. He plays the bass line whilst singing the verses. As the chorus hits he asks the audience to clap along and the lights begin to flash in time to the music. He finishes the performance as fireworks come from the edge of the stage, he thanks the crowd.

~

MY MY MY! Is Out Now

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum